Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 AM

959 posts, read 4,492,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
YAHOOO! I took the test and got 85% right on the written test and 100% right on the signs portion. The questions I missed were on the age of children in car seats (4 years-old), out here in CA I think it is 6 years or 60 pounds. I missed the one on how long you have til you get you license after moving to NC (60 days) I thought it was 30. And I missed the question on how long you have to notify the DMV of an address change (60 days) I once again thought 30.

Char
What happens with regards to children and car seats at 4yo? All I could find online about car seat law in North Carolina was that children have to be in a car seat or booster seat until at least 8 years old and 80 pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 17,370 times
I used this link before going to get my NC drivers license and it is a great exercise. I kept doing the Q&A until I got them all right three times in a row! Then, I quickly read through the manual as a back up. Got them all right and now have my license ) Thanks for the link. Its worth doing, and is an easier way to learn than just reading the manual.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM

43 posts, read 215,687 times
If you take the test multiable times you get some different questions.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
"When you are driving more slowly than other traffic you should drive in the right-hand lane."

LOL - I bet everyone gets that one wrong based on how people drive around here. It should read:

"Drive in any lane you want regardless of your speed."

PS this is a good link though, glad it's still around. What's a passing score these days?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 PM

56 posts, read 181,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMiller View Post
We are moving the NC. Does everyone moving into the state need to take the test to get an NC license?

I also wanted to know if my son should get his permit here in CA or just wait until we get to NC? We are moving next month?

Thanks
The DMV said YES U DO

Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp9nine9 View Post
The DMV said YES U DO

Good catch Jp9nine9, I hope the OP of that quote wasn't waiting for a reply for the nearly 3 years since that post lol

Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 AM

44 posts, read 87,927 times
Oh no. I'm in trouble. I am so bad at these exams. I hope my old college days will come back and I can study and pass this exam on the 1st try. Coming from NJ nothing makes me chringe then to have to go to the DMV. Now the DMV + taking an exam. Ohh I think I need to go back to sleep.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 AM

128 posts, read 435,586 times
Someone asked if you fail how long before you can retake...according to the nc handbook, 5 days! yikes! sure hope I pass!!!

Also got the sample questions about child age/car seats...is this really accurate??? 4 years old?! Wow, that seems odd. In Indiana its like 8 yrs old or 80 lbs or something like that have to be in at least a booster.

Great site! Thanks so much for sharing, took the test like 5 times and never could get 100% b/c they would always throw in some wierd one I'd never heard of, haha, I'll read the manuel though.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
The Jay Tomlin site is much better than quia.com

My husband used the Jay Tomlin site and I used quia.com

When I took the test there were many questions on there that were not on quia regardless of how many times I took it online.

When I went to the Cary DMV a man that failed was told he could come back in 24 hours to retake it.

Shouldn't this be in the NC forum instead of Raleigh?

Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
why did the moderator remove the jay tomlin link? when I googled jay tomnlin i got something i had to buy. anybody know the exact site which is free?
do we have to actually take a vision test and or a driving test?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina