Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 AM

6 posts, read 17,877 times

Advertisements

Hey my names Dominique and this is my first time on here. I need some advice on good places to live that is near Ft. Bragg, NC. My husband and i are going to be in need of a house. He is currently deployed right now and i know when he gets back close to the end of summer i will be heading down there to see him, i live in Cali. He wont be able to take leave for a month after he gets back so we want to try to find a house before his leave, since i will be down there as soon as he gets back. So with out some place to live we will having to stay in a hotel and thats going to get pricey. we will start seriously looking online for houses to rent when it gets closer to him returning to the states. He has told me that he doesnt want to live in Fayetteville, cause the short time he was there he didnt like it and he says it has a bad rep. He had also heard that Spring Lake was nice, but thats all we know.
I have no clue exactlly where Ft. Bragg is and no clue of any cities or what not. So we would really appreciate if you could name of some. It would be of great help!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 05:14 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
you'll get the best responses on the NC forum. Fayetteville/fort bragg is a frequent topic there. three threads on the first page alone.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
Read though some of the old posts about Fayetteville. But take them with a grain of salt a lot of people only choose to see the bad side. There are great plenty of places to live in the area. Even if you don't want to live in the city limits. I've lived in the Hope Mills area since 2002 and now live in Grey's Creek. The area between Fayetteville and Raeford and Spring Lake and Sanford are good choices as well.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
you'll get the best responses on the NC forum. Fayetteville/fort bragg is a frequent topic there. three threads on the first page alone.

I think im suppose to quote you right?? haha i have no clue how these things work. Anyways after i posted it i was like i should probably post this in the state ones. so ill go do that. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Read though some of the old posts about Fayetteville. But take them with a grain of salt a lot of people only choose to see the bad side. There are great plenty of places to live in the area. Even if you don't want to live in the city limits. I've lived in the Hope Mills area since 2002 and now live in Grey's Creek. The area between Fayetteville and Raeford and Spring Lake and Sanford are good choices as well.
He all ready has his mind set on not living in Fayetteville. some of his buddies live there and they all tell him not to. Thanks for the other areas, im writing them all down so when time comes we can look them up!
ahh im excited!
Thank you!

Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
People I know at Pope (attached to Bragg) live out in Aberdeen and Pinehurst, Southern Pines, etc... I think its called The Sandhills Area.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:29 PM

664 posts, read 1,946,808 times
Here are some resources:

www.militarybyowner.com

www.cinchouse.com

www.ziprealty.com < if you want to look into buying

Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v6.0

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Thank you guys for all of the links those were really help full

Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM

635 posts, read 3,093,057 times
Sanford is a nice compromise between small town feel and mid-sized town services. A lot of service members and civilians working at Ft. Bragg and Pope AFB call Sanford home as they like the smaller town feel, rural options and lower cost of living. The commute is 25-35 minutes to Ft. Bragg depending on where one lives in Sanford, but it is not stop-go traffic and is a straight shot.

Sanford is the kind of town where you'll find everything you "need" and is within 30-60 minutes of anything you want. Being centrally located to Raleigh/Durham, Fayetteville, and nearly so to Greensboro one can easily go find any of the "other" things one may want via a short drive to the larger cities. Sanford has the standard assortment of big-box stores that won't make one feel isolated from the rest of the world, but also feels quaint enough to have a mayor that will wave and probably know you by name if you've ever met her once. This is also true of the local government in general, where a council member may come by your house personally to ask about an issue you've expressed concern about. Try that in some of our neighboring metro areas!

We have a mix of residential locations/styles, downtown, historic, rural, gated golf, etc all within a few minutes of each other and running the gamut of prices.

So if you think you might like a small town feel near Ft. Bragg, you might want to give Sanford a try.

Come by and catch a play at the Temple Theater while you are at it

Some helpful links:

City of Sanford, North Carolina | Official Government Website

Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce

Downtown Sanford, INC. | Sanford, North Carolina

Home

Good luck!
Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina