Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 8,640 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. This might sound like a weird quetion, but I was wondering. What are the girls like in the Jacksonville NC Area? I've enlisted w/ the Marine Corps, and I go to Bootcamp in about 3 months. And while I'm going to MCRD San Diego for boot, I've found out my MOS school is going to locate me in Camp Lejeune, and while I don't know how exactly long it is going to be, I'm thinking it's going to be more than a few months, so I'm just wondering what the women down there are like.

I know everyone is going to jump the gun and say you can't say what all girls are like, but I just want to know some basics. I'll give an example of the girls here in Vegas:

Here in North Vegas, alot of girls act the 'Ghetto' Type. They mainly listen to Rap and Hip Hop, they like to start fights but say it wasn't them. Most girls here have at least 3 or 4 pairs of shoes, they love to fight each other. In the Henderson and Summerlin Area, they are mostly the usual Preppy Types, go to the mall alot, listen to Hip Hop, and their cars are actually made in this century, this one girl I almost dated, had a hybrid for her first car.

If possible, a description something like that. I know you can't describe EVERY girl, but every area has a 'norm' like here in North Vegas, it's the Ghetto Type, but in Summerlin and Henderson, it's the Preppy Types, what is the 'norm' for the kinds of girls out in Jacksonville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:54 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,908,363 times
There are 3 types you have watch out for:
The one who knows your pay and allowances better than you do
The jailbait who chances are is the daughter of a SNCO or Officer
The one who is already the GF or wife of a Marine/Sailor that is deployed overseas at the moment

Not to say that there aren't good girls in J'ville, but the above is the problems you run into when you have a much higher young male population vs a much smaller female population. 61:39
https://www.city-data.com/city/Jackso...-Carolina.html

Personality wise, you'll come across all types. Side effect of having people that have setteled there from all over the country.

Honestly, school will not be that long and you're not going to be permitted private transportation anyway. Don't worry about girls, worry about getting that required minimum grade of 80 on all of your tests in school. Before that worry about graduating boot camp. B4 that focus on getting ready to go boot camp.

If by chance you get stationed in J'ville. Go to wilmington and greenville for the college parties/girls. Go to Myrtle Beach/Wilmington/Bogue banks for the tourist girls. Go to Goldsboro/Fayetteville for the Army/AF girls.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:20 PM

118 posts, read 279,622 times
The above poster is correct. The dude-to-chick ratio is NOT in your favor, my young friend. You will find 4 to 5 guys very similar to your situation chasing after the same girl......Who, just a few months before, had her pick of the previous group of Marines trying to do the same thing you are.

With that said: Honestly bud, don't concentrate so much on chasing skirts. Better yet, don't be "that guy" who screws off, gets drunk at every opportunity, and gets a negative rep before you even hit fleet. You will only be here at Lejeune for a month (if you are not infantry) or two (if you are and don't end up getting assigned here). Most of your time will and should be devoted to your MOS school; your chosen profession. There will be PLENTLY of time a little down the road to go hair-pulling. Be a squared-away young Marine; put your nose to the grind and get through school. Learn your profession. Then go to your fleet assignment ready to go. Don't get me wrong; I love women just as much as the next guy- but you need to set your priorities. At this point in your career and life, your first few priorities should NOT be women, just yet.

Paitence, young jedi, paitence......

Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,438,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck258456 View Post

Here in North Vegas, alot of girls act the 'Ghetto' Type. They mainly listen to Rap and Hip Hop, they like to start fights but say it wasn't them. Most girls here have at least 3 or 4 pairs of shoes, they love to fight each other.
OK, I'm dying to know what the comment about having 3 or 4 pair of shoes means??

Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
OK, I'm dying to know what the comment about having 3 or 4 pair of shoes means??

It means that most girls here have 3 or 4 pairs of shoes, they love shoes here.

I didn't think about the Male to Female Ratio

Eh, sorry, I haven't had a Girlfriend for quite some time, and I'm obviously not going to be getting one any time before bootcamp. Oh well, guess I have a long wait ahead of me, thanks.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:18 PM

15 posts, read 53,626 times
You definitely won't find many single girls here in Jville. The first poster was exactly right. There are those 3 types.
I personally, was a tourist girl (haha!) My husband and I met in Myrtle and then he pulled me down from New England. Thankfully, I met one of the good ones at Lejeune. I was lucky.

But, if you want to meet a girl, look outside of Jville.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,643,984 times
I can't say what kind of girls you will find there or I will get slapped by the mods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina