Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2015, 11:41 AM

22 posts, read 23,656 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm moving with my kids to Tioga ND on january through amtrak in Minot. Arrival time is around 12 midnight. Im worried with the time of our arrival time maybe there are no more taxi available to a hotel. Please help me if you are from minot, what safe hotel to stay with my kids and if there are cabs or Uber taxi available in midnight..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 08:24 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,571 times
Minot hotels are almost all safe. No Uber in Minot yet, but cabs will be available at all times.

To get to Tioga, you'll have to rent a car. Amtrak also stops in Stanley and Williston, which are closer to Tioga.

Amtrak has been notoriously late on that route, so if it's on time, that a miracle. Don't book anything until you are within a couple hours. Minot hotels don't fill up now.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:39 AM

Thank you so much for your advice. I bought a car in Minot and is ready for pick up once we get there, so no worries on our trip to tioga. Maybe you know what are the cabs/ taxi conpany who operates there so I can look for their contact numbers in the internet. Im worried with my kids and I just want to make sure that we will not be waiting or stock in the train station In a very cold weather once we arrive. Is the amtrak station in the downtown area of Minot?

Old 12-20-2015, 10:14 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,571 times
Just google "Minot taxi" and you'll find several. Call them and tell them your coming on Amtrak a day or two before. Then call when there is reception about an hour ahead of time, like Rugby if you are coming from the east.

The Amtrak Station is in downtown.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:59 AM

What's with rugby reception? Im sorry we just arrived here in the usa. Appreciate all your help fourwinds!

Old 12-21-2015, 07:05 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleurazkals View Post
What's with rugby reception? Im sorry we just arrived here in the usa. Appreciate all your help fourwinds!
I believe what was meant by the post is this... Rugby is a town 1 hour east of Minot and is the last stop of Amtrak before Minot. If you have cell reception you can call Minot taxi then to let them know when you will arrive in Minot.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:30 PM

This is really an amazing site! You guys are so helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota