Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,689 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on employment for someone who is interested in pursuing opportunities in the Williston and/or Bismark areas (or anywhere in ND really). My background is in land development research and planning as well as lease and title analysis.

I know that energy companies often hire entry or mid-level lease or land analysts to support the work of landmen. I also thought that given the expected building boom to take place in Williston to accomodate the need for new residential and commercial developments, there might be opportunities with real estate development firms.

Any thoughts on getting employed as a lease analyst for a oil company or a development associate for a real estate/land company?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 PM

443 posts, read 806,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on employment for someone who is interested in pursuing opportunities in the Williston and/or Bismark areas (or anywhere in ND really). My background is in land development research and planning as well as lease and title analysis.

I know that energy companies often hire entry or mid-level lease or land analysts to support the work of landmen. I also thought that given the expected building boom to take place in Williston to accomodate the need for new residential and commercial developments, there might be opportunities with real estate development firms.

Any thoughts on getting employed as a lease analyst for a oil company or a development associate for a real estate/land company?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
You've kind of missed the boat in ND, most everything is sewn up there. Look into Central and Eastern Montana. Landmen are researching records in all of the county seats and a number of test wells are going in.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:19 PM

80 posts, read 272,146 times
Have you done any landman searches with the big companies?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:25 PM

101 posts, read 219,082 times
Landmen.net - Job Bank - Find a Job

North Dakota Oil and Gas - NorthDakotaOilandGas.com

North Dakota Field Landman ---- http://www.denbury.com/careers.html (broken link)

Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,689 times
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am not a certified landman (maybe eventually) - looking more for entry-level type work supporting the work of landmen I guess - I've seen that Oil & Gas companies hire lease analysts and land analysts to help with this type of work - still looking around in ND and some other places. Thanks for the ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota