Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:20 PM

43 posts, read 197,753 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the great information, from your suggestions it looks like the following will be worthwhile to check out in NW:

The Boulders - 2112 Grimsrud Drive, bismarck nd - Google Maps
Grandview - 1727 N Grandview Ln, Bismarck, Burleigh, North Dakota 58503, United States - Google Maps
Sierra Ridge - 1060 W Turnpike Ave, Bismarck, Burleigh, North Dakota 58503, United States - Google Maps

There are a handful more that just don't have enough in pictures/floor plans online for me to comment (though I'll probably check out). Is the walk very far from this area to downtown? I assume there is some standard way the college students travel to the bar and back sans car.

Last edited by c0ldfuse; 04-27-2008 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:18 PM

489 posts, read 1,915,874 times
Boulders is nice, new. But I know the manager there and she would not put up with the music. I would recommend Sierra of the three you mentioned. If goldmarks website would work properly you would be able to see numerous pictures and the floorplans and prices for each complex. As for distances, I'm loving Google earth today! The pic below shows you the areas we have been mentioning to you and the distance from downtown to those areas. There is a bus system in Bismarck, but I wouldn't recommend it for bar hopping. Take your car and park it downtown and just walk. There are no meters, and you'll only be charged if you park in one of the three main parking garages (the Galleria, the Parkade, and the 3rd St Ramp). If you do get too drunk to drive the bars have a deal worked with the local taxi service and they will take you home for free, you just need to request it from the bar tender. If you plan on getting plowed and don't want to leave your car downtown just call a cab to come get you can and then you only have to pay for the one way trip. Just don't abuse it and make sure to tip the driver for the free ride home!

Taxi 9000 (701)223-9000

CAT (Capital Area Transit) (broken link)

Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 PM

7 posts, read 41,143 times
I only recently saw this but was wondering if you have made the move and where you ended up? I have a bit of information that I could add if you need it.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Littrell View Post
I only recently saw this but was wondering if you have made the move and where you ended up? I have a bit of information that I could add if you need it.
I'm definitely interested.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 AM

It looks like this is a definite now. I'll be spending a week in Bismarck and a week back here in the cities alternating for a few months and hopefully be getting an apartment set up for August.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 PM

7 posts, read 41,143 times
I actually work for Goldmark and previously managed the Mason which is a wonderful building, if you have any questions I would be more than happy to help you get any answers. Have you also tried bismanonline.com, that website is very helpful. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Littrell View Post
I actually work for Goldmark and previously managed the Mason which is a wonderful building, if you have any questions I would be more than happy to help you get any answers. Have you also tried bismanonline.com, that website is very helpful. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.
I was actually sending you a message on myspace (found your page) when my pc powered-off yesterday just before I hit send. I didn't feel like retyping it but I'm pretty set on Mason the more I think about it and I'm looking at picking up an efficency until a 1-bedroom (or two) opens. I private messaged you my cell number if you don't mind giving me a call.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,226 times
Im moving to Bismarck from Dallas, TX on 7/24/14 & am interested in the Mason apts...can anyone tell me about the parking situation there?

also wondering where the original poster moved and if they like it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota