Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 AM

4 posts, read 11,712 times

Advertisements

Wondering what people thought about having an indoor play center for kids? Such as an indoor inflatable bounce house or maybe something with batting cages and mini-golf. We definitely have a long winter and are limited as to where we can take our kids to play. But would GF families spend their hard earned money at a place like this? Most of the time these places make most of their money by renting to place out for birthdays and such. I know there was a couple that wanted to open an outdoor Go-cart park but haven't heard anything about that since the city stopped them (due to noise and vincinity to homes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 11:33 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFKND View Post
Wondering what people thought about having an indoor play center for kids? Such as an indoor inflatable bounce house or maybe something with batting cages and mini-golf. We definitely have a long winter and are limited as to where we can take our kids to play. But would GF families spend their hard earned money at a place like this? Most of the time these places make most of their money by renting to place out for birthdays and such. I know there was a couple that wanted to open an outdoor Go-cart park but haven't heard anything about that since the city stopped them (due to noise and vincinity to homes).
As someone with young kids....yes there is such a market for this... one one of our local city blogs it was suggested that someone turn the old Target space at the mall into such a thing. But problem is profitability and liability may be too high to risk these days.

Dan

Old 03-06-2009, 01:39 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,310 times
Quote:

Try curling.. I bet you would get a better response....

I'm an old man that grew up in north dakota, so I think I have some say so. Unless things have changed drastically.. I would say, do whats best for you and your family. In ND, if you don't like winter outdoors activities and some very cold temps for awhile. then you might not make it....

ie.. ask dan, now he is not a north dakota native, but loves where he is at.. I would suggest never to move to NoDak because your desperate where you are at. Yes! It gets very, very cold here for a long time....

Truely, its not for everyone, but for many, you will find peace. And. the pace is a lot slower than the big city life. Again, if your looking for whats available to the in the Big City, then NoDak is not your place. Possibly Fargo maybe...

Good luck with you moves!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 11,712 times
I live in GF and know all about the weather (there is a blizzard outside right now). But we have kids and it seems as though it is limited as to where we can take them so they can get out of the house for a few hours. It would also be nice to have somewhere to have birthday parties at. We lived in Minneapolis for a few years and down there it seems people are willing to hand over their hard earned money faster so their kids can play for a while. But would the GF community be willing to take their kids here? I personally would love somewhere to take them. Of course you have the Canad Inn but first of all a place like that is more more fun if the kids can swim, second, not every little child is fond of water spilling over them. Not to mention having to put swim suits on, dealing with the wetness and making sure they bath afterwards.

I guess I was hoping to get a bunch of responses saying "please, someone open a place like this!"

Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
Quote:
I live in GF and know all about the weather (there is a blizzard outside right now). But we have kids and it seems as though it is limited as to where we can take them so they can get out of the house for a few hours. It would also be nice to have somewhere to have birthday parties at. We lived in Minneapolis for a few years and down there it seems people are willing to hand over their hard earned money faster so their kids can play for a while. But would the GF community be willing to take their kids here? I personally would love somewhere to take them. Of course you have the Canad Inn but first of all a place like that is more more fun if the kids can swim, second, not every little child is fond of water spilling over them. Not to mention having to put swim suits on, dealing with the wetness and making sure they bath afterwards.

I guess I was hoping to get a bunch of responses saying "please, someone open a place like this!"

Hi

Your best bet is to visit some local blogs (below)....there have been topics on this subject in the past. I know we have been to the First Season Community Center and Purpur for a birthday party and to the bowling alley where the kids have lots of fun.

The City Beat
Grand Forks Life

Dan

Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 AM

137 posts, read 424,342 times
We have a big indoor entertainment complex here in CO Springs for kids and adults called Mr. Biggs. Mr. Biggs - Be Cool. Do Right. (http://www.becooldoright.com/home.php - broken link)
I wish I could bring it with me to ND when I move back up there this year. You do have the Canad Inn now though as mentioned before. I know they have a water park but don't know if there's mini-golf and stuff in there. And of course Fargo has Thunder Road http://www.thunderroadfargo.com/ which has Mini-Golf, batting cages, go carts, arcade, etc. but isn't indoor and isn't open in the winter Maybe I'll just steal Mr. Biggs and bring it up there with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota