Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 AM

213 posts, read 1,087,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Snowland, Congratulations!!!
Thanks Jammie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 PM

7 posts, read 20,360 times
Easy
Peaceful
Cold (6 months of the year, and hot-humid for 4 months)

Old 07-19-2007, 03:13 PM

28 posts, read 154,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlandcook View Post
Hey--I was just hired as Assistant Professor (English) at MSUM (in Moorhead MN). I know how slow the hiring process can be in academia! Did you get the job?

I currently live in St Cloud, MN, and a friend's daughter attends University of Mary. She'll be a junior this fall, and she absolutely loves it there. She likes the size of the student body and that it's a bit isolated from the actual city. She says it helps keep her on task (studying instead of being distracted with other things to do). She also likes that she was able to declare a major (physical therapy) as a first year student and start to take classes towards that major right away. Oh--and she also loves the rolling hills and beauty of the area.

Did you get an on-campus interview? What did you think?
I did get the job and my wife and I just got moved in yesterday! We love it so far - this is going to sound ridiculous, but Bismarck has the nicest Wal-Mart I've ever been in. It's like not shopping at Wal-Mart at all!

I'm really looking forward to starting the job. Should be fun!

Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM

158 posts, read 1,084,751 times
Default Folkfest

Welcome to Bismarck, You will LOVE it here. You will want to check out on Thursday afternoon and evenings on broadway and 4th st for urban harvest. It has food and music through the summer. In September Folkfest is a fun time in the same area. Get a bowl of knoephla soup at Kroll's Diner, have a margarita (3 if your feeling saucy) at Fiesta Villa. Find someone with a pontoon and go on the Missouri river, park it up on a sandbar, cook a pig in the sand and play crow shoes.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:49 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
Hey Mahler, Bismarck now has 2 Wal-marts...one north and one south...so if you are shopping the north one, better check out the south...as this also has a Sam's club next door. Welcome to Bismarck.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 PM

28 posts, read 154,546 times
Thanks all! We have a house in Lincoln (3 blocks south of the Tumbleweed) so the Wal-Mart I'm most familiar with is indeed the southside, though I've been to both. I'll definitely check out the Thursday night scene. Also I ate at Space Aliens for lunch - neat place and great fries!

Can't wait to start the new job!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 PM

106 posts, read 571,959 times
1. Sweeping
2. Manageable
3. Inexpensive

Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM

246 posts, read 1,007,221 times
Congrats on your move. You live not too far from where I have relatives.

Bismarck is a great place. One day hope to live there (in Fargo now).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota