Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times

Advertisements

Just a quick explanation for recent moderation.

Crazy as it sounds, my only goal on this forum is to keep to the terms of service for this site. That means to delete posts where posters are rude, and to remind posters when the conversation veers way off course from whatever the opening post was. This little blurb from the TOS may help
Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.
That part that is bolded was done by the administration. I know that many of you think that it's okay to not filter yourself when you post on-line, that it's not "real". But it is. The people that you are talking to on this board are real people with real feelings, and it utterly surprises me every time someone insults a fellow poster on this board with total disregard. Or decides to hi-jack the thread by picking apart part of a post, totally disregarding the subject and going off on another tangent.

Regarding the closed thread about the homicide in Hazelton. This is the part of the TOS that I was following,
Quote:
Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
VB, if you would rather I move your thread to the POC forum, I would be happy to do so. Just send me a DM.

And here's a little warm and friendly part of the TOS that I'd like us all to keep in mind,
Quote:
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.
This is a privately owned bulletin board and the moderation is done for the most part by volunteer moderators. If you have any questions about that you may contact me via DM or Marka or Yac, the senior mods.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania