Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Ok wonderful NEPA members......As suggested by our Mod......a NEW Off Topic Chatting thread. ( 7/2010)
It would be so nice to have this and keep it running full speed ahead.
Lets always remember to be kind~ debate with knowledge and fairness~
and to first and foremost, have a great time..... As Always......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Its only a matter of time before its.....

Old 07-27-2010, 08:47 AM

331 posts, read 639,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Its only a matter of time before its.....
I thought this was off-topic, but this post sounds like it belongs in a Scranton thread.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Please note that the off topic thread has never been closed. Here's the old one if you'd like to see it http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...ad-family.html

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM

Well, that makes for a good "back up plan" ..........Glad to see it was left open and running.

Believe me, I am a "rules" person. Just ask my girls! I think they became good members of society by learning to live by rules. They teach their children the same. I've watched how unrulely life can get without the word "No and "Rules.".........

But, here we are now...........most of us of an age where we don't want to feel like we are in school. We are on this wonderful site, with some interesting and charming people. Its so nice to keep things rolling...... And wow, here we can actually BE off topic. By gosh!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Nice to see a thread where we can just hang out! ty summering!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,255,842 times
Default Greetings from Southern California!

Hey Summering, how are you doing and how is your summer so far? I see you have been having hotter weather than we here in Southern California. It's a nice change for us, but we know we will be getting our share of the heat any time now, so we are enjoying the 80's for as long as we can.

Hubby and I are still working on our house, getting it ready to put up for sale. The timetable is before the end of this year. Keep fingers crossed that it happens (it's taking so long because hubby is doing almost everything himself). Hopefully it doesn't take forever to sell.

After the house sells, we will head to Allentown and stay with my mother-in-law while we look for our own home somewhere in the Lehigh Valley. We would like to be within 30-45 minutes of her. Also, my mother lives in Sayreville, NJ, so we don't want to be too far from her either.

Anyway, that's what's happening with us at the present time. Enjoy your summer, and that goes for everyone else on the forum!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Hey Summering, how are you doing and how is your summer so far? I see you have been having hotter weather than we here in Southern California. It's a nice change for us, but we know we will be getting our share of the heat any time now, so we are enjoying the 80's for as long as we can.

Hubby and I are still working on our house, getting it ready to put up for sale. The timetable is before the end of this year. Keep fingers crossed that it happens (it's taking so long because hubby is doing almost everything himself). Hopefully it doesn't take forever to sell.

After the house sells, we will head to Allentown and stay with my mother-in-law while we look for our own home somewhere in the Lehigh Valley. We would like to be within 30-45 minutes of her. Also, my mother lives in Sayreville, NJ, so we don't want to be too far from her either.

Anyway, that's what's happening with us at the present time. Enjoy your summer, and that goes for everyone else on the forum!
Does it get humid in S. Cali? You have a good summer too

Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 PM

372 posts, read 1,228,298 times
Can I be the first to say, welcome back to PA! Hope the sale of the home is quick and hassle-free, and you're back on the East Coast soon. Sounds like you grew up around here?

Quote:

Old 07-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:

Oh Wow, I have been missing you.......It sure has been awhile.
Yes, we have had a fantastic summer. Hot and swimable...
You have to keep us posted....Lehigh or not! I am down that way a bunch having family in "Forks" ( Easton) Pa. That is a great location to be near both parents. You will have a big cross country move for sure.......
I hope your home is all finished up soon. The "getting ready" part is long and tiresome.
Thanks for stopping by.....let us know how things are going your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania