Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:53 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,626,888 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to share some pics of my new home in a phoenix suburb with the people in my old stomping grounds. Its new construction, 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage. Hopefully the mods don't think its too OT and I Hope you enjoy!

This side doesn't get enough sun. Bermuda grass seams to love to be abused by the arizona sun. don't mind my randomly placed junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,547 times
nice pictures scout,like the house...

Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 AM

106,704 posts, read 108,880,922 times
my sister is in north mesa. its sooooo beautiful but soooooo hot. she says shes buying a summer home in florida so they can go some place cool ha ha

Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,116,885 times
My aunt moved out to Arizona recently, I hope she is as happy as you are there!

Nice pics - enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:40 AM
mgb

97 posts, read 260,883 times
My son lived in Mesa for about 8 months, then moved back to Tucson. We visted him last Oct. The Phoenix area is pretty, but too hot for me. We drove from Phoenix to Flagstaff (about 2 Hrs?), stepped out of our car with our shorts & flip flops on, and everyone there was wearing winter coats--it was 32 degrees! We also went to Pine Top, which reminds me of NEPA, if you ever get homesick. But the road leading to Pine Top from Phoenix is scary, it runs up a canyon and evidently Arizona never heard of guard rails. :-)

Old 06-29-2008, 09:43 AM
mgb

Sorry, forgot to mention that your home is beautiful--hope you have many happy days there.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my sister is in north mesa. its sooooo beautiful but soooooo hot. she says shes buying a summer home in florida so they can go some place cool ha ha
This is my third summer here, and I guess i have acclimated. The last two years were very rough on me, but so far this year the heat hasn't bothered me. Except that day i took the sunglasses off the dash and put them right on my head . You could always see who has done this by the 2 red lines on their temples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb View Post
My son lived in Mesa for about 8 months, then moved back to Tucson. We visted him last Oct. The Phoenix area is pretty, but too hot for me. We drove from Phoenix to Flagstaff (about 2 Hrs?), stepped out of our car with our shorts & flip flops on, and everyone there was wearing winter coats--it was 32 degrees! We also went to Pine Top, which reminds me of NEPA, if you ever get homesick. But the road leading to Pine Top from Phoenix is scary, it runs up a canyon and evidently Arizona never heard of guard rails. :-)
Flagstaff is about 2 hours north, and a whole different world compared to phownix. The climate in flagstaff is similar to NEPA, and its where phoenix residents retreat to when they want to see snow.

I haven't been to pine top yet, but its on my list to visit. I love those windy canyon roads, they can be a lot of fun to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention that your home is beautiful--hope you have many happy days there.
thanks!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
My aunt moved out to Arizona recently, I hope she is as happy as you are there!

Nice pics - enjoy the rest of the weekend!

I'm sure she'll love it! do you know what city?

Arizona is a beautiful place, and I'm happy here for now. I'd like to get back to nepa some day down the road. There is no place like home

Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
mgb

"Flagstaff is about 2 hours north, and a whole different world compared to phownix. The climate in flagstaff is similar to NEPA, and its where phoenix residents retreat to when they want to see snow. "

that's probably why I liked it so much.

"I haven't been to pine top yet, but its on my list to visit. I love those windy canyon roads, they can be a lot of fun to drive. "

Spoken like a person with no gray hairs! It took about 1 hr to come down the canyon, and the whole time we were stuck between a fuel truck & a tractor-trailer, who never heard of the speed limit, and honestly, I don't know what happens if you have any kind of car trouble because there is no place to pull over! I said more Hail Marys in that one hr than my whole life, and I think I have 'car'pal tunnel from squeezing the door handle.(which isn't too safe, but it was that or the wheel)

Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 PM

50 posts, read 103,181 times
Great looking place. My company has a few facilities in the PHX/Scottsdale area and its nice to schedule meetings out there in the spring. Summer's are bruttle. Get everything done outside before/after sunrise/sunset.

Flagstaff is georgeous no matter what time of year. Some colleagues have family up in that area, and always run there in the summer to get away from the heat.

Nice thing is you're only a 4 hour drive away from the Grand Canyon. Sodona is only an hour away. Heard the humidity has creeped up to about 30% the last few days, even the native residents ahte it that high!

Last, but not least have you experienced a dust storm yet. Never forget I was out there about this time last year and a dust storm came in from the North and it was freaky. A large brown curtain engulfed the area. We went outside, it was like a brown fog that hurt because of the dust whipping around. Plus when they show it on TV it looks like this ominous brown cloud that smothers everything in its path.

We'll be jealous of those warm winters but you can keep your summer. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania