Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

I just had my tank filled. I own my tank for 11 years. I got a bill for $580.00 for 163 gallons. When i asked why they were $1.31 a gallon more than their competetitor I was told the price is what it is and its from corporate. I was then told that because I only used 465 gallons last year that I was actually under billed........ My neighbor who doesn't own his own tank and only uses his propane for cooking is paying less than I am by a good margin.
The point of this post is warn would be buyers that Parako Gas is not only over charging their cutomers but are also unapologetic for doing so. I called 4 different company's in the area gave them my usage and none were less than $1.00 cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:10 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
We have Keystone propane .. We pay $1.74 a gallon.. Last yr we paid $1.65 a gallon..

We locked in with them many yrs ago and get it at cost ..

Old 12-21-2011, 08:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I have decided to switch to Airline fr now. Paraco called back and offered 2.99. I advised them that if any paraco employee is caught on the property I would be calling the police

Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have decided to switch to Airline fr now. Paraco called back and offered 2.99. I advised them that if any paraco employee is caught on the property I would be calling the police

NICE ...

Old 12-21-2011, 09:32 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I was then told that because I only used 465 gallons last year that I was actually under billed........
This is pretty common practice among fuel delivery services along with minimum orders. I used to offer a very good discount on full truckload because I could make more money even at the reduced price because it was much more efficient than going to same house multiple times through the year and freed my time up for more deliveries. If you only wanted one ton you were going to pay about 20% more and potentially wait a long time for it. A lot of the coal delivery guys wouldn't even take one ton deliveries because you're just not making enough to make the effort unless you can a squeeze it in with another load within the area.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:27 PM

159 posts, read 458,170 times
I currently have Suburban, they are big time crooks. Last time they overcharged me, I told them no more deliveries because I was going to use up the gas and switch companies. They recently delivered again(against my instructions) and charged me $4.65/ gallon. I am switching to Keystone now.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:23 AM

755 posts, read 2,334,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWGUNNY View Post
I currently have Suburban, they are big time crooks. Last time they overcharged me, I told them no more deliveries because I was going to use up the gas and switch companies. They recently delivered again(against my instructions) and charged me $4.65/ gallon. I am switching to Keystone now.
I have Suburban and a good friend who works there. She says if you call and complain they WILL lower the price. I only use propane for cooking & dryer and they had me at something like 5.19/gal last delivery. I think she got it knocked down to 3.99 or something like that. The less you use, the more they charge you. I think I get maybe 2 deliveries a year?

point being, call and complain a. about them delivering after you told them not to and b. about the price, they can adjust it.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM

159 posts, read 458,170 times
Yes, thanks for the advice. I did this the last time when I complained about overcharging me and they lowered the price. The price was still high but less than they were originally billing me. Now I ask; Doesn't this prove my point? They rip you off, but if you call them on it, they adjust it. I want a company that is fair all the time and not just when I catch them stealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania