Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 PM

114 posts, read 127,653 times

Advertisements

[quote=mgb;2084242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly617 View Post
rumandcoke -
We live in Florida (Panhandle), we too are looking to relocate to Pennsylvania.

What city are you from? We have a friend in Santa Rosa Beach. We've visited there many times and it's beautiful, but quiet. We have flirted with the idea of moving there someday but not too sure if we can handle the culture shock--not that one place is better than the other, just different, weather-wise and family far away.
I know what you mean. I, too, am a little nervous about the culture shock. I don't know if the stereotypes I have heard about the North are all a bunch of foolishness or the honest truth.

I know the weather is going to be one of the largest changes. We have what I like to refer to as very "soft" seasons here in Atlanta. Our summers are humid, but not that hot, compared to surrounding locations, our falls and springs are exactly as many people imagine fall and spring should be. Our winters are comparatively mild to the Northeast, with many winters going by with no more than one or two accumulating snows. I want to move someplace where seasons are invigorating. That means very cold winters, variable falls and springs, and summers that can be cool or very warm.

The food is another one of my concerns. I am used to common Southern cuisine (Shoefly pie, fried chicken, chitlins, hamhocks, fried okra, and sweet tea, etc). I honestly do not know what people in the North eat ! I have been hoping that it is not a bunch of salad, potatoes, and other tasteless food! I guess I will just have to see.

I am sure if you build up a good support system, living in the North will be much easier than expected .

Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM

Yac, if you could close this thread, I would be much obliged.

I have received all of the help I think I need . Additionally, I am finding the mocking nature of all of these locals to be very offensive and off-topic.

Lord help all of you.

Thank you.

Last edited by rumandcoke; 11-27-2007 at 10:16 PM..

Old 11-27-2007, 10:36 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Yac, if you could close this thread, I would be much obliged.

I have received all of the help I think I need . Additionally, I am finding the mocking nature of all of these locals to be very offensive and off-topic.

Lord help all of you.

Thank you.
Y'all comeback now, ya hear.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
I thought this show was cancelled along with Cavemen. Did they get another season? Rum and Coke plus couple two tree beers?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Y'all comeback now, ya hear.
Oh, I am not going anywhere. I am just through with this thread. I have received a lot of freindly, helpful responses.

Talk to you soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania