Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:57 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
That's the trouble with this area, too traditional. There *should* be more ventures like this, as there's a good college crowd around here and plenty of conscious progressives and environmentalists out there too. Here, though you can get natural foods at Wegman's, there's a lack of natural venues. A lot of people are vegetarian and vegan, most progressive cities, in fact, have a cultural ecosystem built around these businesses and lifestyles. In Eugene, Oregon, there are quite a few natural food stores and eateries, as well as a buzzing organic farming industry. In Asheville, NC there are at least 4 natural foods supermarkets, as well as vegetarian/vegan restaurants. Those are 2 places I've actually lived, but I'm sure I can add to the list cities like Ithaca, NY, Burlington VT, most west coast cities and college towns, and Denver/Boulder, etc.
Much of the traditional diet and processed foods are toxic, and it's good that a movement like this is going forward. It will only increase with time.

In the spirit of this post I enjoyed a thick Porterhouse steak at a local steakhouse today at lunch.
I also shop at Wegman's but in the Lehigh Valley. That's where I source high quality ground beef for hamburger. I also go to the farmers market in Allentown to buy high quality bacon and ham.

Since Northeast PA is economically challenged for a very large portion of it's residents organic food stores charging hefty amounts for organic produce and other products would quickly find itself out of business.

The area other than it's economic issues is just fine the way it is Frank. Move to Eugene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 PM

23 posts, read 44,106 times
I wanted to start a similar venue in the Kingston area and call my cafe the garden of eden as well. My concept was to form a naturist/clothing optional venue open to NEPA's growing nudist population. However council turned down my zoning for such a venue I am however going to try Edwardsville next since I heard they are more lax

Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM

232 posts, read 347,507 times
He met his goal and is now exploring some partnership opportunities. I wish EDEN the best of luck.

I have no interest in the Garden of Eden Lady Lisa !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania