Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,652 times

Advertisements

I have been reading all the posts about Big Bass Lake because we are considering buying a vacation home there. Is it correct that the lake has been empty for the last three years? I read a post that said it was and I can't find any articles on the web about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 02:45 PM

159 posts, read 458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerinpa View Post
I have been reading all the posts about Big Bass Lake because we are considering buying a vacation home there. Is it correct that the lake has been empty for the last three years? I read a post that said it was and I can't find any articles on the web about it.
That is correct. The dam was being rebuilt. The construction was just completed this month and the water level is being restored. The lake will be at it's normal level in another week or so.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:10 PM

13 posts, read 56,312 times
my husband and I rented a home last year there for a week over the summer. It was actually July 4th weekend. There wasn't a firework in site! We loved the quiet as around here they set off quarter sticks till 5am.

We walked past families of deer, it was quiet the whole week. My husband and stepson went fishing on the lake and said it was great. I took my daughter swimming in the lake and it was very nice. They had lifeguards on duty.

I would highly recommend this as a vacation home spot. Also, keep in mind that there is a huge market for rentals there and you could easily rent out the home for the weeks you are not there.l

Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 AM

2 posts, read 6,893 times
Default bass lake

my wife and I are considering bass lake for a vacation home spot. I am confused. One psot said the water had been gone for three years theother said we went swimming in it. Could you clarify?

Also, I have ear damage...hyper sensitive to sounds. I am wondering how many beaches there are and how many people go to the beach weekends and weekdays. Please advise.

Frank

Old 01-26-2008, 08:19 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
Big Bass Lake Community Association

Old 05-28-2008, 10:10 AM

11 posts, read 21,896 times
Default lake never emptied

I have a vacation home there Built about a year ago. Ive been there almost every other weekend. The lake has never been emptied!!!
it was lowered a bit due to Dam Reconstruction!
its about full now and looks great. By the way there are 3 lakes there. Big Bass being the largest.
Being a home owner there im not to thrilled about renters! I realize some owneres must rent to make ends meet but i think they should be better at screening renters and policing them. I( live next door to a rental and sometimes i have 15-20 young men renting at one time. Lots of partying and too many cars on the roadways (Which is not allowed). and when its rented to families its usually 3 families at a time. I know rentals will always exist but owners should be more considerate of surrounding homeowners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania