Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 07:12 PM

472 posts, read 778,472 times

Advertisements

HELP!!!!
I once asked questions about the grinder pump and you guys were right. So here is the problem again. My pump is going on and off on occasion. Now I see when the pump actual does go on water is coming out from under my lid in the yard. Now I'm thinking may be the ground is so saturated that water is seeping into the hole causing the pump to go on. I manually pumped the water out then shut the pump totally off. Without running any water in my house within about 25 mins the red light for my pump came on meaning there is water going in there from somewhere other then my house? My sump pump under my house is occasionally running meaning it is doing its job. Should I leave my pump running on automatic or should I leave it off until I get it looked at so it don't burn out? I need help I don't know crap about these pumps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 07:28 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Grinder pumps are pretty well sealed. We had ours rebuilt last spring, and when the tech opened the lid, it was full of water. But he said that was just from snow melt/ground water and not leaking from or into the pump.

I don't think the pump will burn out unless it's running without water.

The service company we use is called Site Specific (215)887-3730. But the tech said they may only take cash from APCP homeowners (and some other developments) because they've had too many times when people would get work done, put it on a credit card, then disputed the charge. Just passing on what he said.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:22 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Here is one link with some information: Septic Pumps, Sewage Ejector Pumps, Septic Grinder Pumps, Septic Effluent Pumps, Sump Pumps: buy, install, maintain, repair guide. We are into septic tanks and the drain field so cannot really help other than looking on the internet.

Good luck! I never liked the idea of sand mounds. If your power is out for a long time; you could have a terrible surprise! I'm in favor of gravity!

Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If your power is out for a long time; you could have a terrible surprise! I'm in favor of gravity!
We had a cesspool but my wife insisted on hooking up to the sewer line. Pressurized system, hence the grinder pump even though we are uphill from the main line. Thousands of dollars literally down the drain.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
We had a cesspool but my wife insisted on hooking up to the sewer line. Pressurized system, hence the grinder pump even though we are uphill from the main line. Thousands of dollars literally down the drain.

One time I had the privilege (job) to dump $43 million down the drain. Now that was an 'expensive' sewage system!

We really dread the possibility that, at sometime in the future, we might have to hook up to city sewage. We are four hundred feet+ from the road. I cannot even fathom how much that would cost.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:29 PM

Ok people pipe from my grinder pump to the street broke is that American waters resposibility?

Old 02-05-2016, 06:13 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Don't know Sarge, but in two areas where we lived, we were told that everything out to the street was on us.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:03 PM

Yeah I'm gonna $$$ out the tooter

Old 02-06-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Ok people pipe from my grinder pump to the street broke is that American waters resposibility?

I have been following some of the connection problems. Here are two articles that I know about: Sticker shock: Winona Lakes sewer fees expected to be high - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA and Pocono Township sets sewer rate: $1,250 down the drain - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA.

Of course both articles are from your favorite PR.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:02 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
I'm in the Hideout and our area is just now getting grinder pumps installed at every house. Because it is so hilly here, they insist that the gravity will make it a better system. What a mess it is around here now with streets and yards torn up. I'm up on a little hill from the street so they installed my grinder pump on a rise and surrounded it by huge boulders, gravel and dirt to try and cover it up. They say I'm now connected to the system and anything from the house to the street is solely on me from here on out. They are also updating the water system and water pipes to coincide with the work being done but now that they have connected us to the water system here through the new pipes, I feel like my water pressure is nothing like it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: