Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM

173 posts, read 582,656 times

Advertisements

The ATV's dont bother me at all. Sure every now and then you get a manic going 50 on a 15mph street making lots of noise but you'll get that anywhere. I wouldn't say the ATV noise is any worse then living anywhere else. I've lived in Brodheadsville and there used to be people with dirtbikes and atvs riding up and down the streets all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
The ATVs don't bother me either. It seems pretty boring for the riders since they can really only drive on the roads now. I definitely disagree that the area needs department stores.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:19 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,314 times
I just bought at TT this summer, and I don't want the interstate ramp, or the commercialization. Let Tannersville keep that headache and traffic.
Homeowner's Assoc. fee is $400/yr, regarless of size of lot or improved vs vacant lot.
The lake will be drained this coming spring for dam rebuilding, so prices may reflect that in spring/summer but not yet. If you buy in any lake community, inquire about the dam. Most of these dams were built in the 80's and if they haven't been rebuilt in the last few years, it's coming. It is being mandated by the state due to updated standards. Arrowhead was hit last year or the year before.
Towamensing Trails is unique in it's clubhouse restaurant open only to homeowners, and the private membership Lake and Tennis club, which runs a bar in the clubhouse.
We love the community and the club, it has a neighborhood bar familiarity with none of the troubles.
If you buy a house anywhere that does not offer public sewer, and it does not have a septic mound, consider that if your system fails, you will have to have a mound built. Undergrond, gravity fed systems are no longer allowed. A mound is expensive, and it takes up space, and there is not much room on a 1/2 acre lot for a home, a storage shed and a septic mound, while adhering to community setback rules.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:32 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocopc View Post
. . . . I personally think its worth a trip to see it. It is 'out in the sticks' but within a 10 minutes drive to I-80 and once they build the onramp it within a few miles to I-476 (this is supposed to be done by 2011)
Yes. For better or worse, this will make TT much more accessible from the Philly suburbs. . . .

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,165 times
Hello, I recently purchased a lot in Towamensing Trails. I understand that one can use an ATV on the streets, but are there any riding trails within the property boundaries? 3mikec

Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 PM

No, you used to "off road" under the power lines and over by the blueberry fields but you can't anymore. They put fences and boulders to block access - something about the insurance company. I don't have one though, so I don't know if people have found an area within the trails where they can get away with it. There are state game lands down 903 - can you trailer it there maybe?

Have you seen the TRAFFIC LIGHT at 903/534 yet? I hate change and I hate that it won't stay rural forever.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,165 times
Hello Irish Eyes,

Thank you for the information on ATV usage within T-Trails. No, I haven't seen the new traffic light. There will probably be many more after the EZPass exit opens up in a few years...

Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I loved Towamensing trails. It seems like a nice place to live. I met two of the lake front owners actually in Myrtle Beach. Its sad that the dam needs to be fixed and so the lake will be drained.
I remember feeling lost the time they said that the Hickory Run State Parks lake would close because of working on the parking areas etc.
TT is close to Jim Thorpe, just voted #7 as Americas Coolest Small towns!
You can use electric motors....
Some of the areas the homes do feel close, other areas it is not so previlant.
The Pool, the lake.......awesome.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM

It is a shame about the lake. They haven't started working on it yet, either so I don't think there's any chance it will be finished before the end of the season. It's a good thing they expanded the sitting area around the pool. I wonder how much they'll have to drain. I'd still sit by the lake even if you can't swim. But not if it looks like a big mud hole. lol.

Two weekends ago when we were up there was a big swan there and he came out and ate some pretzels that were on the ground in front of the clubhouse. It was fun to watch.

3Mikec - I hope they NEVER open that exit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania