Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 PM

92 posts, read 298,586 times

Advertisements

Call me crazy...but I think our "new" house came with an unexpected tenant.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default ghost? or Joke?

Kidding or serious? And lets hear the full story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwest View Post
Call me crazy...but I think our "new" house came with an unexpected tenant.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 AM

92 posts, read 298,586 times
I moved in a couple weeks ago. On Friday, I started working on replacing some of the old two-slot electrical outlets in the house. For some reason, the previous owners had the outlets in the master bedroom wired to a switch in the adjacent children's bedroom. Before I started taking them apart, I shot a quick walking video of each receptacle to recall where the hot and neutral wires were while "switched". So, Saturday, I'm home. The six year old wants to know if I'm putting a helicopter in his room. (His word for ceiling fan). I told him no, that I was just fixing the plugs. He sighed, and said that the lady won't come down from the helicopter in his sisters bedroom, and now he had nobody to play with.
I had no idea what he was talking about, but I told him we'd go outside and play a little catch. He brightened up, and nothing more was mentioned or thought about it. Saturday night, I had to come in to work at 4:00am, and I stayed straight through Monday morning.
Monday night, I'm halfway out the door to leave for work. The six year old stops me and says, "Daddy, I have to show you something." He had that grim, serious look he gets when he has some manly news for me. He took me by the hand into the bathroom, and says , "That one is broken, too." He's pointing at the sink. I told him, "That's okay. I'll fix it later", not really having any idea what this was about, but also not seeing anything that could possibly be broken. He said, "No, Daddy. It's broken. It got wet, and burned her, and she died!"
"Who died?", I asked.
"Gloria, the lady on the helicopter!", he said. "...and she hit her head!"
I was getting a little weirded out, so I got down on his level and asked him what he was talking about. He took me through a step-by-step process of someone opening the vanity door under the sink, then falling backwards and hitting the edge of the tub. He pointed a spot on the back of his head, and said it again- almost nonchalantly. "She hit her head, but it didn't hurt."
I went into his sister's room with him, and asked him if the lady was on the helicopter now. He said, "No"...like it was a silly question or something.
I realized that he wasn't going to be able to articulate what he was trying to to my satisfaction, and it was getting late. I told him I'd talk to him more about it tomorrow.
So, yesterday, after I get the guys out on the road (I'm a highway maintenance supervisor in Rockland County), I finally have a chance to get back to the wiring schematic. The conversation with my son couldn't be further from my mind. I got the camera out, and played the video. In it, I'm doing a narrative while shooting, talking myself through the process of sorting the wires as I eliminate that switch. Suddenly, I noticed that the area around the outlet dims considerably, then brightens. I see what looks like part of a shadow on the wall, which then leaves the frame to the right. The whole thing takes maybe four seconds. Further along in the video, about :15 later, there's three white spots that come from behind me as I walk with the camera, and go through the open doorway ahead of me, as if racing each other. I can best equate them to dandelion puffs, only a more stark bluish-white, and very fast...with the motion of a roller coaster car with the way they dipped and turned. I had no notion of anything out of the ordinary while making the video. No "cold spots", no voices, no nothing.
This morning, while looking for the water cutoff for the bathroom sink, I opened the door to the vanity underneath it. Mounted vertically inside the solid wall of the cabinet, but facing outward, was an old outlet. The wires have been cut off from the back. There's some scorching on the lower receptacle, and on the underside of the counter over it. There's also what appears to be part of an old appliance prong sticking out of it.
Maybe it's nothing.
I haven't been living in a cave for thirty years. I've seen these sorts of things on the "Travel Channel", but I've always had it figured for entertainment and chicanery.
Then again, maybe I've been given a very valuable heads-up on electrical safety.
I'm thinking about posting the video on YouTube. I can't do it from here at work, but maybe from home once we get set up with the internet.
Just in time for Halloween, huh?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:33 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,557,079 times
tcwest,

I have to same problem and you are first person along with my fellow forum readers that I am admitting it to..........the problem is that I am the only experiencing it - my husband doesn't witness it.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 AM

755 posts, read 2,334,740 times
Wow, that's kind of neat and funky at the same time. I think you need to call Grant & Jason @ Ghost Hunters. That would be neat too!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 AM

201 posts, read 539,116 times
Most people do not believe in the paranormal unless they experience it. I for one experienced many things. It got so bad to the point I went to see Sylvia Brown on the Montel show. Children and animals see things that we do not. Please don't think your child has an imaginary friend. I put up with things, including physical contact, for about 7 years. Finally it stopped. Sylvia suggests lighting a white candle and telling Gloria to go with God where she belongs. I did try this and the next day the candle had been turned upside down in the candle holder. I don't know what actually stopped it but we went to several psycics (? spelling) and nothing worked. Now I see that there is a paranormal society that can be contacted. I sympathize with you because it is the scariest thing I ever went through. We left our house, I should say apartment, for weeks at a time. A lady I work with is going through the same thing now but it never got nasty like ours did. Good luck.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,557,079 times
No, I just want to get out!!!!!! Another reason the house is up for sale!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 AM

201 posts, read 539,116 times
I know your fear. Luckily at the time we rented but we moved once and a year later it started at the new apartment. We stayed there for 9 years before buying our house 2 years ago. So far nothing is happening. Thank GOD! You must be a spiritual person and it is attracted to you. Everything always happened to my husband and not me. Until the very end. Sylvia told him that he attracts them. Did yours also get violent? I would hate to see you chased out of your home when there may be able to be something done about it. How long have you lived there? Has it happened in other homes? My husband no longer likes to talk about these things because he thinks it will happen again. Mine only happened mostly between the fall and winter months (sometimes later). I used to write everything down to see if there was a pattern. Good luck to you.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:45 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,643,281 times
I always worried that I'd buy a house with one of those ghosts that keeps turning the lights or faucets on and off. Last thing I need is some unknown thing hiking my utility bills... You might want to try renovating the bathroom. It's been said that once you remove the materials the ghost appears to be tied to, your problems will be solved. If your son really doesn't get bent out of shape about the whole thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you can live with it, it's kinda cool. It could be a lot worse. I know of a local home supposedly haunted by a pedophile.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default Wow very interesting!

Yes please post that video on youtube then send the link here! Also if these ghosts bother anybody, like scared, then look up the official website to Taps- the ghost hunters,almost every state has a taps group that is part of the TV show ghost hunters family. I'm sure theres someone there who can help.

Actually talking about ghosts, tonight( Wed ) there will be 3 older Ghost hunter episodes on then the new show for this week, all on the Sci-Fi channel, i think at 7pm maybe 8pm?

Lets hear some more ghost stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwest View Post
I moved in a couple weeks ago. On Friday, I started working on replacing some of the old two-slot electrical outlets in the house. For some reason, the previous owners had the outlets in the master bedroom wired to a switch in the adjacent children's bedroom. Before I started taking them apart, I shot a quick walking video of each receptacle to recall where the hot and neutral wires were while "switched". So, Saturday, I'm home. The six year old wants to know if I'm putting a helicopter in his room. (His word for ceiling fan). I told him no, that I was just fixing the plugs. He sighed, and said that the lady won't come down from the helicopter in his sisters bedroom, and now he had nobody to play with.
I had no idea what he was talking about, but I told him we'd go outside and play a little catch. He brightened up, and nothing more was mentioned or thought about it. Saturday night, I had to come in to work at 4:00am, and I stayed straight through Monday morning.
Monday night, I'm halfway out the door to leave for work. The six year old stops me and says, "Daddy, I have to show you something." He had that grim, serious look he gets when he has some manly news for me. He took me by the hand into the bathroom, and says , "That one is broken, too." He's pointing at the sink. I told him, "That's okay. I'll fix it later", not really having any idea what this was about, but also not seeing anything that could possibly be broken. He said, "No, Daddy. It's broken. It got wet, and burned her, and she died!"
"Who died?", I asked.
"Gloria, the lady on the helicopter!", he said. "...and she hit her head!"
I was getting a little weirded out, so I got down on his level and asked him what he was talking about. He took me through a step-by-step process of someone opening the vanity door under the sink, then falling backwards and hitting the edge of the tub. He pointed a spot on the back of his head, and said it again- almost nonchalantly. "She hit her head, but it didn't hurt."
I went into his sister's room with him, and asked him if the lady was on the helicopter now. He said, "No"...like it was a silly question or something.
I realized that he wasn't going to be able to articulate what he was trying to to my satisfaction, and it was getting late. I told him I'd talk to him more about it tomorrow.
So, yesterday, after I get the guys out on the road (I'm a highway maintenance supervisor in Rockland County), I finally have a chance to get back to the wiring schematic. The conversation with my son couldn't be further from my mind. I got the camera out, and played the video. In it, I'm doing a narrative while shooting, talking myself through the process of sorting the wires as I eliminate that switch. Suddenly, I noticed that the area around the outlet dims considerably, then brightens. I see what looks like part of a shadow on the wall, which then leaves the frame to the right. The whole thing takes maybe four seconds. Further along in the video, about :15 later, there's three white spots that come from behind me as I walk with the camera, and go through the open doorway ahead of me, as if racing each other. I can best equate them to dandelion puffs, only a more stark bluish-white, and very fast...with the motion of a roller coaster car with the way they dipped and turned. I had no notion of anything out of the ordinary while making the video. No "cold spots", no voices, no nothing.
This morning, while looking for the water cutoff for the bathroom sink, I opened the door to the vanity underneath it. Mounted vertically inside the solid wall of the cabinet, but facing outward, was an old outlet. The wires have been cut off from the back. There's some scorching on the lower receptacle, and on the underside of the counter over it. There's also what appears to be part of an old appliance prong sticking out of it.
Maybe it's nothing.
I haven't been living in a cave for thirty years. I've seen these sorts of things on the "Travel Channel", but I've always had it figured for entertainment and chicanery.
Then again, maybe I've been given a very valuable heads-up on electrical safety.
I'm thinking about posting the video on YouTube. I can't do it from here at work, but maybe from home once we get set up with the internet.
Just in time for Halloween, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania