Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times

Advertisements

Has anyone gone clubbing yet at The Colosseum, the new NYC-style night club in Downtown Scranton? They just sent me a request on MySpace, and I added them. Judging from their profile it looks like a place I may like to scope out with my partner next week. I'm 21. He's 20. Is this club exclusively over-21? I'm assuming it is judging by the alcoholic content in many of the images on the main profile, but if not he and I would like to check it out. I'm not a big fan of Twist myself after having been felt up by one too many semi-drunk and undersexed people, and I'm assuming Club Evolution wouldn't be much better. I would love to just get out, dance, and have a good time to celebrate the end of the semester. Even if it's an over-21 club I'm sure many of my college friends from the Wilkes-Barre area would come up with me to enjoy a night out on the town. What type of crowd does the Twelve Penny in Moosic attract? What about Club 112 in Pittston? Hardware Bar in Downtown Wilkes-Barre? Surely there HAS to be more people in this area who occasionally hit up clubs than myself, right?

Furthermore, where are all of the trendy young people on this forum? I think DeLorean was only in his mid-20s, but he vanished into thin air. The Commish and I are roughly the same age, but are there any other late-teens to early-twenties folks from NEPA on this forum? There seems to be a lot of geezers like weluvpa around! LOL!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,546 times
i'm 25 but the Colosseum is not my type of place. Give me Chets Place!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Has anyone gone clubbing yet at The Colosseum, the new NYC-style night club in Downtown Scranton? They just sent me a request on MySpace, and I added them. Judging from their profile it looks like a place I may like to scope out with my partner next week. I'm 21. He's 20. Is this club exclusively over-21? I'm assuming it is judging by the alcoholic content in many of the images on the main profile, but if not he and I would like to check it out. I'm not a big fan of Twist myself after having been felt up by one too many semi-drunk and undersexed people, and I'm assuming Club Evolution wouldn't be much better. I would love to just get out, dance, and have a good time to celebrate the end of the semester. Even if it's an over-21 club I'm sure many of my college friends from the Wilkes-Barre area would come up with me to enjoy a night out on the town. What type of crowd does the Twelve Penny in Moosic attract? What about Club 112 in Pittston? Hardware Bar in Downtown Wilkes-Barre? Surely there HAS to be more people in this area who occasionally hit up clubs than myself, right?

Furthermore, where are all of the trendy young people on this forum? I think DeLorean was only in his mid-20s, but he vanished into thin air. The Commish and I are roughly the same age, but are there any other late-teens to early-twenties folks from NEPA on this forum? There seems to be a lot of geezers like weluvpa around! LOL!
Ahem! Trendy, young person here! Ok, so I'm going to be 30 in a couple of weeks, but I still love to go clubbing! So far I've only been to the Woods and a few other smaller bars, but I'm sure my friends and I will be hitting up clubs in the area as well. I will let ya know what kind of crowds I see/the atmosphere, etc., if you will do the same!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,571 times
I'm never home, so I haven't checked out the Colosseum yet.

Apparently it's got a dressier crowd than the usual Tinks fare. (Man, we can say "back in the day" for that one now).

Old 05-25-2008, 11:44 AM

8 posts, read 26,681 times
I am a bottleboy/busperson at the colosseum. every monday night is underage night. 18-21. obviously no alcohol. The atmosphere is pretty intense. Our average crowd is pretty insane. We have the best staff and security money can by. We stand by our performance unlike tinks. We dont like to let our customers down because we like to make them feel comfortable enough come back. our dresscode is high because of our population majoritys. Some people like to try to come in looking like tupac..bling bling and all..we dont let that fly. . Our djs are straight out of the area. ny-nj-nv. I would speak against the colosseum if i knew for a fact that something in the club or negativity was affecting the club..but there is NO negativity there. A majoriy of the people that come into the colosseum dress just like tinks..except our crowd is bigger. We havent had a weekend night where there wasnt atleast 400 people in the club. the lounge is sometimes..like wednesdays ..dead. but a majority of the time..good luck getting in.
Glad I can help!!
mike

Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 AM

87 posts, read 258,575 times
This place won't last. I remember when Tink's was supposed to be dressier and a little more sophisticated than the average downtown joint. We all saw what happened to Tink's. The Colloseum sucks. Biggest rip-off in town. It's too expensive. Once the novelty wears off, and it will. They'll relax the dress code, start up with stupid specials and every other person in the crowd WILL look like Tupac. And then as soon as that happens, no more Colloseum. But enjoy washing bar glasses while it lasts.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Batters View Post
This place won't last. I remember when Tink's was supposed to be dressier and a little more sophisticated than the average downtown joint. We all saw what happened to Tink's. The Colloseum sucks. Biggest rip-off in town. It's too expensive. Once the novelty wears off, and it will. They'll relax the dress code, start up with stupid specials and every other person in the crowd WILL look like Tupac. And then as soon as that happens, no more Colloseum. But enjoy washing bar glasses while it lasts.
Unlike tinks..We have Smart people that know what they **** they are doing. Wont last huh? For the past couple months we have been kicking the living **** out of all the clubs attendences. 11-1230 you cant move in the place. Our security stresses the dresscode very well. Believe me..tupac jr. isnt getting into our club. you call 2.00 corona bottles too expensive...you might want to go to the sun hotel in scranton. or perhaps the silouette?. what happened to tinks? You DO know they are opened right? you might want to learn how to spell the colosseum before you criticize it...it is spelled...C-O-L-O-S-S-E-U-M. Now go pick up the garbage along the rivers.
Thank You!!

Old 05-26-2008, 01:23 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,981 times
Its new, its a novelty, once the novelty wears off it will become just another club.Remember the fanfare when the brew pub opened ? It had its 15 minutes of fame, now its gone.The Colosseum is no different, its just in its 15 minute phase right now. Same with the Club 530 {if the name is right} the old Fantasia? It modeled itself as upscale/trendy, its 15 minutes were up , and it too faded away.The bar business is finicky, your only popular till something else comes along.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:04 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,274,029 times
The night club buisness is a very risky buisness. Ask any buisnessman. One day your hot, the next day your not. Many night clubs have come and gone around here. Many don't last ten years, and that's being generous! The only one I can think of that has stood the test of time is the Woodlands. And that's because it is the Mecca of nightclubs in the region. Nothing as big and grand has come along to knock them from the top...yet.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Its new, its a novelty, once the novelty wears off it will become just another club.Remember the fanfare when the brew pub opened ? It had its 15 minutes of fame, now its gone.The Colosseum is no different, its just in its 15 minute phase right now. Same with the Club 530 {if the name is right} the old Fantasia? It modeled itself as upscale/trendy, its 15 minutes were up , and it too faded away.The bar business is finicky, your only popular till something else comes along.
while you may be right..and ill give you that much, Dont expect the colosseum to lose its spark for the next year or two. Well respected indiviuals who spend THOUSANDS of dollars a night at our club continue to patron our club due to its employees respect for them. We honor our patrons and treat them like gold for the fact that we are here because they keep us here. As long as we have a massive college crowd weekend after weekend..we aint going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania