Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.......Gosh, what a great week at the ocean. Besides how much I love our lakes and mountains in Pa.......The only way to see "the sea" is to meander over our borders. So below is some of the wonderful views of just one thing our lovely state doesn't have( yet anyhow) the OCEAN. ( The pictures below are of Bethany Beach DE and of Fenwick State Park, DE)
Fenwick State Park.......so clean, beautiful.......and fun

Bethany Beach.....new growth on the dunes....also a fantastic beach

Part of the Bethany Beach Boardwalk........Oh those Boardwalk fries!

The Royal Zephyr Restaurant.........in Bethany.......Gorgeous.

Little shops and places to visit in downtown Bethany

Go here..Harpoon Hana's ... for a nice lunch or dinner, great family place.......and you can linger and watch the boats as you dine. In Fenwick, just before the Ocean City border. Plus, there is a Pirate boat ride there that the kids just adore........you can join in too. Searching for treasures and blasting the water guns.

Try this restaurant in Bethany.....for indoor, outdoor dining.

A scene from Bear Trap Dunes........What a joyous place. Lots of pools indoor and out. Tennis, and Golfing.........

The view from our townhome at Bear Trap Dunes........I loved coming home to sit on the deck and watch the golfers. Those who would dare to golf in almost 100 temps!! The hole #2 was just above the little pond..........

This was one dreamy spot along the way in Bethany........ I'll try to post somemore........but .........just linger on this last one and your heart will love to sigh

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,547 times
Great pictures summering,looks like a nice place...

Old 06-15-2008, 01:12 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,116,885 times

Sigh........

Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 PM

Bethany Beach

Before the little one.........the huge, huge ocean

Along the Bethany Way...........

Fenwick State Park beach area

Scenes of Bethany downtown

There are many, bike paths........along the highways and along the city streets.

The POOL at Bear Trap Dunes ( there is another one also )

Another dream to ponder.........The ducks on the pond of Bear Trap Dunes

Old 06-15-2008, 06:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,585,048 times
Beautiful pics Summering, thanks for sharing!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,802 times
It seems strange, in a way, to see what my other home looked like this past week.

The beach at Bethany looks so odd to me with the dunes so high near the boards.

You went past my favorite crab place when you went back to Hannah's. I love The Fenwick Crab House. Superior food and nice family atmosphere!

Sum, did you stop in at Nantucket's? It's a nice place....great bar food.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:02 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Thanks for sharing these awesome treasures with us, Summering! The last time I was at the beach was in June 2005 when my friends and I went to Crystal Beach, Ontario, on the Lake Erie shoreline, for our "senior week" just after graduation. It was so quiet, unspoiled, and relaxing. I've never been to the Delaware beaches, but this looks so inviting!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
It seems strange, in a way, to see what my other home looked like this past week.

The beach at Bethany looks so odd to me with the dunes so high near the boards.

You went past my favorite crab place when you went back to Hannah's. I love The Fenwick Crab House. Superior food and nice family atmosphere!

Sum, did you stop in at Nantucket's? It's a nice place....great bar food.
No I took the Nantucket picture on the fly..........in the car speeding
by.....Glad you told me that, for next time. I will get to that Nantucket , it looks inviting. I'm guessing, but it seems that it would have more then seafoods.
Sum can't have the smell of fish in a restaurant.....neither can hubby.....We only have one member in the extended family who eats seafoods.... I just love the shore a bunch and Bethany was awesome

Last edited by Summering; 06-16-2008 at 01:09 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Thanks for sharing these awesome treasures with us, Summering! The last time I was at the beach was in June 2005 when my friends and I went to Crystal Beach, Ontario, on the Lake Erie shoreline, for our "senior week" just after graduation. It was so quiet, unspoiled, and relaxing. I've never been to the Delaware beaches, but this looks so inviting!
Oh you have to always take time for the beach.......its so wonderful......and the people, and places there are so relaxing....

Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,091 times
Oh Summering, those pictures are so inviting. That seems like a nice place to go on vacation. Are there timeshares there?? I have to see what my parent's timeshare has.
It reminds me of being in Florida but not so far away and not as hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania