Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,977,184 times

Advertisements

Another example of scumbag drug addicts making their mark on this area in a negative way:
Theft of plaques, grave markers charged to 2 men | News | thetimes-tribune.com - The Times-Tribune (http://thetimes-tribune.com/articles/2008/08/15/news/sc_times_trib.20080815.a.pg3.tt15brass_s1.1879319_ top7.txt - broken link)

This also is proof that out of towners are not responsible for the area's crime problems. Most of the drug addicts that are responsible for a majority of the area's crime are not minority gang members from New York City....they're local white trash. Sure, out of town drug dealers may come here, but its to supply a demand from local lowlifes. I can't believe these scumbags will resort to stealing from dead veterans in order to fund their drug addiction. Pathetic.

Last edited by FightinPhils; 08-18-2008 at 10:16 AM..

Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,641,230 times
Where does it say they're druggies?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,125,226 times
I was also quite upset when this happened. If they have to steal, if they feel is there is no other way - why from those who gave up so much?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:06 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,134,709 times
The thing about these drug addicts is the drugs rule their life....they will
lie,steal,kill,they don't care,as long as they get that high...they steal from
family,the elderly,don't matter,no regret,no remorse...and they will get over
on the system time and time again claiming it is a disability...what I propose
that should be done...I can't even post...The hard working honest person
just has to be careful,and it is a good idea to have a ccp permit...

Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Where does it say they're druggies?
Well, for starters, its almost a given when there's a theft of this type that its to fund a drug addiciton.....thefts of veterans grave markers, copper plumbing, catalytic converters, etc. And these thefts are becoming more and more common.

Second, I know of these families, and they are known for being no good.

Its just time to stop coddling these people and put them behind bars for good already....they continually breed more and more kids who also grow up to be criminals. One of these clowns was actually pushing a stroller with his 2 and 3 year old in it as he stole those grave markers. Those kids have no shot in life.....

Its a shame they will steal from veterans who served so these clowns could have freedom. One of my late in-laws is a veteran, and my wife actually removed the marker from the grave so it wouldn't be stolen. Its a shame we had to do that.

Last edited by FightinPhils; 08-18-2008 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: No specific names...please...

Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Well, for starters, its almost a given when there's a theft of this type that its to fund a drug addiciton.....thefts of veterans grave markers, copper plumbing, catalytic converters, etc.

Second, I know of one of the criminals involved in this particular crime. he's a druggie, and his whole family is no good.
OK - I don't buy the first one, but the second one seems compelling enough...thanks.

Just as a data point - do you know what his drug of choice is? Or is he a "buffet" kind of guy?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 AM

253 posts, read 998,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Knowing you were in law enforcement - I know you've seen it all and speak from experience. I agree whole heartedly with everything you say. There is no remorse, absolutely none. And it's a hellish nightmare for their families.
(sorry, the system wouldn't let me give you rep points)

Old 08-18-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Probably whatever he gets his hands on....I don't personally know him that well....I know another member of that family has been busted for heroin.
With all due respect, I'm not sure that kind of testimony would stand up in court.

See, I can imagine a LOT of reasons for a desperate and disrespectful act like this - not only drug addiction. Medical bills, court costs from previous crimes, the electric was turned off, etc. Now, I'm the last guy to depend on the courts to solve my problems - I tend to be a "hands-on" kinda' guy, if you know what I mean - and I have no sympathy for hard-core addicts. But the way courts (and their symbiotic-relationship lawyers) are run these days, one of the family members could see this post, print it and run it over to their lawyer, and he'll end up suing you and C-D - all because you caused him so much pain and suffering by calling him a druggie, when he's really just a child-molesting alcoholic.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
With all due respect, I'm not sure that kind of testimony would stand up in court.

See, I can imagine a LOT of reasons for a desperate and disrespectful act like this - not only drug addiction. Medical bills, court costs from previous crimes, the electric was turned off, etc. Now, I'm the last guy to depend on the courts to solve my problems - I tend to be a "hands-on" kinda' guy, if you know what I mean - and I have no sympathy for hard-core addicts. But the way courts (and their symbiotic-relationship lawyers) are run these days, one of the family members could see this post, print it and run it over to their lawyer, and he'll end up suing you and C-D - all because you caused him so much pain and suffering by calling him a druggie, when he's really just a child-molesting alcoholic.

Very well....I guess I should just use the term "criminal" or "thief" since we don't know for a 100% fact if it was done because of a drug addicition. Whatever the reason, its a pretty low thing to do....steal from dead veterans....also insulting to the surviving family members of these veterans.

You'd think that if someone needed money, they should go out and get a job....a second job if they already have one (which I doubt)......

Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,109,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Thats a LTCF here in PA. Please don't think that you need to have a LTCF in order to carry a sidearm here in PA. You do not. Open carry is legal in PA and IMHO residents should exercise every right they have before they are gone. You also do not need a permit or license to own or purchase any type of firearm here in PA unless your required by the FEDS(i.e. supressors and full auto's).

Too many avenues of misinformation are being traveled in this state in regards to what is and what is not legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania