Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:40 AM

164 posts, read 384,965 times

Advertisements

This is a first here for me ... as I have never before started a thread here ... but I decided that it was time.

I want to say thank you to all of you (yes even Dan) for making me feel welcome and a part of your family for that is what you all are ... a family ... at times it feels disfunctional ... but for the most part it is a kind welcoming place to post.

Summering writes from her heart ... I just love reading her posts ... and her blog ... I would have to say that I am truly a Summering fan.

Dan and Ed make me think ... I know that they think I always disagree with them ... but nothing could be further from the truth ... and even if that were true ... at least they have made me take the time to think about the situation ... Thank you guys!

Jungle George ... well he just about always gives me a laugh right when I seem to need one most.

Coartist88 --- I have so much respect for you ... you seem to sometimes be the voice of reason ... must be the moderator in you ... what a fabulous job you did as the moderator of this forum ... it's not an easy job ... and it is most certainly a thankless job at times ... you were a great moderator!

I could go on and on about the posters of this forum ... I think that each of you are unique and special ... and I enjoy reading your posts even though I don't post that often ....

Anyway ... Have a Great Holiday ... I wish you all health and happiness ... please stay safe.

Lus

I enjoy the NEPA forum ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
OK, well you just made me cry...........( but thats ok, cause' I'm smiling too)
I'm so glad you joined us here, along with all the new people LilAlly, and Jungle George..( others).....
We want to welcome people. We're friends, who could always use another friend.......
No cliques, like in the school days.......none of that. We have friends as young as our Tremont who is in high school, and a wonderful member of our NEPA family........and we have older friends too.
Thats the way the World should be......and doesn't it feel so nice.
Yes, sometimes we disagree, but.......people do disagree in life. Thats ok.
YOU are special, for having taken the time to write the above.
I know we all wish you a Wonderful Holiday too( and thank you for not picking on my extra dots......everyone else does....) Hugs......Sum

Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 PM

164 posts, read 384,965 times
I can't pick on your dots ... in case you hadn't noticed ... I myself have a wonderful relationship with the dots!

Old 11-23-2008, 12:05 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusonlyvoice View Post
anyway ... Have a great holiday ... I wish you all health and happiness ... Please stay safe.
Lus

xxxxoooo

[[[[lus]]]]

Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
I want to say thank you to all of you (yes even Dan) for making me feel welcome and a part of your family for that is what you all are ... a family ... at times it feels disfunctional ... but for the most part it is a kind welcoming place to post.

Dan and Ed make me think ... I know that they think I always disagree with them ... but nothing could be further from the truth ... and even if that were true ... at least they have made me take the time to think about the situation ... Thank you guys!..
Well I will thank you for your kind words, I have read your words in other places that tend to give me reason to NOT believe you.

What I like about CD is that for the most part we are honest in our posts with each other and the topics for good or bad. That is something that you are going to have overcome because you seem to say one thing here and another over there. Remember your kind words above the next time you slam somebody on your own site for posting an opinion on CD that you don't agree with.

I'm sure the lack of traffic on your site is helping you to find your place here on CD, but your comments will always be shadowed by your ability to say one thing here and another over there. Your inconsistency with your words and the inability to not use the CD forum for fuel to slam people on your site leaves me to not believe anything that you have to say.

But thanks anyway.

Last edited by weluvpa; 11-23-2008 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-23-2008, 03:51 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Yep, it is tough sometimes to have a totally different opinion then someones expressing on the CD sites.
I think we're pretty good in NEPA to turn the other cheek, or to "keep ones valued" opinion even if it doesn't follow the flocks lead. Different thoughts are what makes the World go round.......
Welcome Lus, and enjoy your upcoming holiday, as well.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:32 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
I too love reading posts from the many friends I have made on this site. It has made me realize that I am not alone and that there are other people out there that care about things other than expensive clothing and $200 haircuts. That's the world I'm living in now and trying hard to escape from. Everyone here gives me hope that there are places that are different and people still care. Even by disagreeing, it shows that people have opinons and aren't just mindless people only concerned with appearances.

I'm also a Summering fan, dots and all! And ScranBarre, Dawne, JungleGeorge, Enya and who can forget Mathjak and Ameriken Artists photos, and everyone else on these boards who I've read but who's names escape me now on a Sunday evening without enough caffeine! Time for more tea!

Happy Holidays to all and I wish safe travels (and cheap gas) to those headed out this week.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM

537 posts, read 1,332,228 times
Default the Best...

...to you!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:44 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
As the tinman said in the wizard of OZ..."now I know I got a heart...cause
It's breaking"....thank you very much..it is a good forum..good people here...

Old 11-23-2008, 08:17 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,657,832 times
Thank you for the kind words Lu. We may disagree on some city issues, but who cares. Different strokes for different strokes. I bet if we were friends we would get along on a lot of things, except local and national politics. But life is too short to worry about who is on office locally or on the federal level, it should not change how we live and interact with one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania