Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm loving these gas prices. Party like its 1999!
Great! Now I'm going to be singing Prince all evening on campus! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Great! Now I'm going to be singing Prince all evening on campus! LOL!

Could be worse than singing Prince.

How about some New Kids on the Block?

Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Could be worse than singing Prince.

How about some New Kids on the Block?
SPICE GIRLS!!!

"All over the world, spice up your life! Every boy and every girl, spice up your life!"

Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
SPICE GIRLS!!!

"All over the world, spice up your life! Every boy and every girl, spice up your life!"
Thank you...I have had the new Beyonce song "Single Ladies" playing over and over again in my head all day. Now I can replace it with Spice Girls

Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 AM

276 posts, read 678,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie10 View Post
Why are NEPA gas prices so high??? The national price is $1.75. Over Thanksgiving's road trip...the gas was $1.53 in Columbus, OH. What is taking so long for this area's prices to go down?
I really don't understand the reason for this either. Sure it obviously costs more to ship gas to PA then to say NJ because NJ has the actual refineries to begin with. But PA isn't much further out and there's no reason for an almost 30 cent per gallon difference. What's really silly about it is i almost wonder if these folks who set the prices are assuming there simply isn't some alternative. If that's part of the reason (and that can happen on a large level without any active collusion, by the way), it's really silly. I haven't fueled up in PA for about 2 months. I simply fuel up before or after work in NJ.

It's pretty simple, you charge 30 cents more, you get 0 dollars from me.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businezguy View Post
I really don't understand the reason for this either. Sure it obviously costs more to ship gas to PA then to say NJ because NJ has the actual refineries to begin with. But PA isn't much further out and there's no reason for an almost 30 cent per gallon difference. What's really silly about it is i almost wonder if these folks who set the prices are assuming there simply isn't some alternative. If that's part of the reason (and that can happen on a large level without any active collusion, by the way), it's really silly. I haven't fueled up in PA for about 2 months. I simply fuel up before or after work in NJ.

It's pretty simple, you charge 30 cents more, you get 0 dollars from me.
PA gas taxes are higher than NJ. I think that's the difference. Fast Eddie Rendell doubled the gas tax soon after being elected.

Its not fair...people in NJ make more money than people in PA on average, yet we get charged more for gas....NJ can charge less for gas and they even have to pay someone to pump it for you!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
NJ can charge less for gas and they even have to pay someone to pump it for you!
OMG!! They still pump your gas up there????!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
OMG!! They still pump your gas up there????!!!!

In Jersey they do...its the law.....self-service stations are illegal in NJ.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
In Jersey they do...its the law.....self-service stations are illegal in NJ.
Holy crap!! Now I've got pictures in my head of the Sinclair dinosaur & winged horse signs, washing the windshield & checking the oil!!

Damm I'm old!!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Holy crap!! Now I've got pictures in my head of the Sinclair dinosaur & winged horse signs, washing the windshield & checking the oil!!

Damm I'm old!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania