Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,273,345 times

Advertisements

The main difference between Luzerne county and Lackawanna county is that when officials in Lackawanna county get found out that they are up to no good they back down due too public outrage. Example: the city counsel tryed to give themselves and the mayor a raise, after public outcry, they backed down. The same with Mayor Doherty trying to hire ex mayor Connors son (he backed off). In Luzerne County they just don't give a damn, they do what they please despite what the "little people" have to say. All we get is the middle finger from our elected officials. They don't even attempt to try to look good to the people who elect them. the only time we get any good government is when the feds come in and clean it up, like this case!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
What makes me wonder is why these Luzerne County judges are being singled out. I agree with them being indicted, but they are far from the only politicians taking kickbacks, especially in NE PA. I would think the feds would have a field day if they investigated Scranton city hall and Lackawanna County government. But what (or who) is keeping them away? Why do certain politicians get arrested, while others are left alone to continue to rip off the taxpayers to make themselves and their cronies rich?
Lackawanna county may have some issues, but Luzerne County is the worst of the worst. I'm willing to claim that Luzerne County is perhaps the most corrupt county in the nation. From Greg Skrepnak to Sam Hyder to Sam Guesto to our judges. The entire government is infested from top to bottom with corruption, cronyism, and nepotism, political favors, incompetent bone heads that couldn't manage a hot dog cart in the real world, trusted to handling hundreds of millions of our dollars just because they are friends with the right people, buddies getting lucrative no bid contracts. It's so bad that you don't even know where to start. If you made a movie about this, people wouldn't believe it! they just **** on us and take our money and do whatever they please. They are literally worst then the mafia. I'd rather have the mafia running our government then these weasles. I'm so angry about this! I wish every single person in this county flat out refused to pay thier property taxes until every single rat is run out of that courthouse!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM

Luzerne County officials (or at least Urban and Petrilla, the only two whom I STILL trust!) have a MONUMENTAL task ahead of them---restoring public trust and faith in their county government. I truly don't know how to accomplish this, especially since I'll be at the forefront of opposition to ANY proposed tax increases to help pay for the ensuing litigation or settlements that may arise from this current scandal. I don't even trust these two. Everyone is putting Mary Ann Petrilla up on some pedestal like she is our saviour, and all this because she is "supposedly" doing her job correctly?! That's what she is supposed to do!!! That is what they all are supposed to do!!! It's just that she looks like Jesus Christ himself when compareed with everyone else in the courthouse. Give it a year or two and we'll probably find out that she too was illegally steering our money to personal friends and family members also. I TRUST NO ONE IN THIS CIRCUS OF A COUNTY!!! I wish the fed's would declare a state of emergency, and just remove everyone from the courthouse and replace them with good, honest people from outside our county. People that have zero connections to anyone around here at all. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any good, honest people in Luzerne County to chose from.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:51 AM

421 posts, read 2,533,837 times
It'll be interesting to see if Lokuta will get back on the bench. There's no doubt she'll file an appeal because those two judges testified at her trial. And come to think about it, Lokuta did mention awhile back that she couldn't comment on something she was asked because there was an ongoing investigation with the federal government involved, and really no one believed her because no one knew anything about it. I guess she was telling the truth after all! Doesn't mean she'll get back onto the bench, but with this story coming it people will now look at her for more information.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmiley06 View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Lokuta will get back on the bench. There's no doubt she'll file an appeal because those two judges testified at her trial. And come to think about it, Lokuta did mention awhile back that she couldn't comment on something she was asked because there was an ongoing investigation with the federal government involved, and really no one believed her because no one knew anything about it. I guess she was telling the truth after all! Doesn't mean she'll get back onto the bench, but with this story coming it people will now look at her for more information.
The hell with Lokuta too!! She's on the news acting like she's been vindicated, and this has all been a witch hunt! She's a joke and an embarrassment also. Acting like a deranged animal in court, showing up an hour late while everyone waits for her, using her staff to do personal errands off the clock, threatening people ect. Is this the best we can do? THESE ARROGANT A-HOLES HAVE BEEN ACTING LIKE THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE FOR FAR TO LONG!!! GET RID OF THEM ALL!!! We need a new start in Luzerne County. That means getting rid of all of these judges, the ones that are guilty and the ones that turned a blind eye and allowed this to happen. They are just as bad as far as I'm concerned!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,426 times
Can anyone provide a brief summary of what happened?

I'm out of the loop on this one, news-wise.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Can anyone provide a brief summary of what happened?

I'm out of the loop on this one, news-wise.
I believe this is it....

2 Pa. judges to plead guilty to public corruption | Associated Press | Times Leader

Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 PM

In a nutshell, These to judges set up a scheme where they enriched themselves by $2.6 million dollars by putting children behind bars...Only in Luzerne County!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,426 times
Jesus.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:05 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
The hell with Lokuta too!! She's on the news acting like she's been vindicated, and this has all been a witch hunt! She's a joke and an embarrassment also. Acting like a deranged animal in court, showing up an hour late while everyone waits for her, using her staff to do personal errands off the clock, threatening people ect. Is this the best we can do? THESE ARROGANT A-HOLES HAVE BEEN ACTING LIKE THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE FOR FAR TO LONG!!! GET RID OF THEM ALL!!! We need a new start in Luzerne County. That means getting rid of all of these judges, the ones that are guilty and the ones that turned a blind eye and allowed this to happen. They are just as bad as far as I'm concerned!!!
unless you witnessed the above--you are only contributing to the lies that were being told to get AN HONEST JUDGE out of office---the anne i know all my life isn't like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania