Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I Plan to Vote For...
Chris Doherty 11 57.89%
Gary DiBileo 7 36.84%
Bob Bolus 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,142,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That's what I thought until I actually moved into the city. Plus, the paper can't be trusted because they are biased towards Doherty...the owners of the Times-Tribune contribute money to Doherty's campaigns, and it comes through in their one-sided reporting.
Well Im sorry if your unhappy there ..

I guess everyone is Biased in some way , shape or form
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:00 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Well Im sorry if your unhappy there ..

I guess everyone is Biased in some way , shape or form
I'm not unhappy in Scranton, I like it here...but the politics is another story...

Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,557,079 times
can I ask a question? Wasn't Bolus locked up some time ago???

Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,142,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm not unhappy in Scranton, I like it here...but the politics is another story...

You'll have this everywhere..

Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,100,577 times
Quote:
Nope I dont ,, But Ive been here 20 yrs and I watch the news and read the papers .. He seems like a good family guy , He has Not made Scranton any worse than it was in yrs past .. Imo he is doin a decent job..
Been where? Riverside? Please you believe the news and papers?

BahBahBahBahBah

Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Let's see. Thus far we have 10 votes, and I don't think there are 10 members on this forum who live within the Scranton city limits, hence the results are likely tainted by suburbanites. I can already immediately think of three of the four who selected DiBileo, and I can think of a couple who probably selected Doherty. I'm sure a few Doherty votes are therefore from people living outside the city, so let's keep that in mind. I think this will mirror the "real" race, which will be neck-and-neck as well.
Paul, everything gophillies stated is why I'm voting for Gary, he just beat me to it.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I don't live in Scranton, nor am I a republican, but I just heard Bob Bolus on WILK, and I like how he sounds. He sounds like a good hearted, no nonsense guy, with blue collar roots. He didn't come off like a used car salesman like the other two candidates, but like a man who has some real concerns about the future of Scranton, and wants to do something about it. Until now, everything has been about Debilio and Doherty, but out of the three of them, I like how Bob Bolus sounds the best.
I like Bob also. He would be my second choice after Gary. Doherty has to go simply because he has done nothing to help the city, only harm it. Either of these two candidates can't be any worse. Give someone else a shot.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM

904 posts, read 2,056,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Let's see. Thus far we have 10 votes, and I don't think there are 10 members on this forum who live within the Scranton city limits, hence the results are likely tainted by suburbanites. I can already immediately think of three of the four who selected DiBileo, and I can think of a couple who probably selected Doherty. I'm sure a few Doherty votes are therefore from people living outside the city, so let's keep that in mind. I think this will mirror the "real" race, which will be neck-and-neck as well.
I think there are a lot more than 10, but I wouldn't doubt we have non-citizens voting above too. I'm one of about nine citizens I counted off the top of my head, but I haven't voted yet as I'm still on the fence.

My thinking for what little it's worth...

I was expecting to be convinced in the debate that Doherty was the guy, but far from it. He kinda came off as a less well-spoken Cheney. I don't mind aspirations for higher office, but have a hard time seeing that guy going to Congress, where you have to interact and convincingly communicate with other people. And, I was hoping for some mention of why he wanted a 3rd term. Nope.

Was hoping maybe Dibileo would offer some more details on his lame 5 word bullet points, or would define himself other than the anti-Doherty, or would show some glimmer of vision. Nope.

Grumpy Bolus was a touch more concrete and direct in answering the questions, but still really vague. If he weren't a convicted felon, I might consider voting for him come Nov.

WIsh I had more positive to say about any of them, but it's been hard to infer any info on their views and plans.

Maybe I'll watch the debate again to try to decide. And maybe I'll see who the paper endorses.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM

904 posts, read 2,056,008 times
Oh, and if I do have the stomach to go to the polls-- are they all the same polling places as in November? And anyone know the hours?

Thanks, haven't received anything in the mail about where/when to vote..

Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
You'll have this everywhere..
It just seems politics are more inept and corrupt here than other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania