Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 AM

79 posts, read 295,839 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about this rental community? Also, is Dunmore a good town to be in? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
dunmore--excellent town--i would avoid those rentals if at all possible---plus there is an illegal dump site behind them

Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Hmm.. I also found Applewood in Clarks Summit which looks nice, but I can't find prices anywhere for those apartments, which leads me to believe they are expensive.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Those apartments in Dunmore used to be low-income housing projects until someone else bought them and renovated them. They're right next door to Penn State's Scranton campus and many of them are rented by college students, so you might wind up living next to some loud partiers.

You might want to check Applewood Acres in Clarks Summit, Summit Pointe in Scranton along Business Rt 6, or one of the apartment complexes near Lake Scranton.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:47 AM

67 posts, read 145,120 times
I would stay away from Applewood personally. Its pretty gross. Laurelwood in CS is a lot nicer than it used to be, that may be a better bet. Summit pointe could be your best bet though. Be careful though, if you work in Scranton and live in any of the three places i listed, your soul will eat at you for not living in the city in which you work. You will have a guilty concious for not paying city wage taxes and not wanting to live downtown even though you work there. What's even worse is that Laurelwood is an apt/condo complex surrounded by 1-5 acre estates which is going to just make you so ashamed of yourself for living near a South abington two cul-de-sac, i dont know how long you'll last there.

sorry for being so sarcastic. Any of those three places would be fine for what i assume you're looking for.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
My daughter rented briefly at CountryView manors...the office thing on Long Island...sorry can't remember her name, is vicious! I wanna say Celeste but and not sure...totally unfprofessional and does not deal well with others. The apartments are nice, but my daughter had a mold problem that they just tried to paint over...

Last edited by bloominscranton; 08-12-2009 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
My daughter rented briefly at CountryView manors...the office thing on Long Island...sorry can't remember her name, is vicious! I wanna say Celeste but and not sure...totally unfprofessional and does not deal well with others. The apartments are nice, but my daughter had a mold problem that they just tried to paint over...

Yes...loveinbloom and I share the same gripe. Celeste, the Mgr. of the complex is a complete *itch with a capital 'B'. And I don't say that about many people. Completely unprofessional and difficult to deal with. Otherwise...the apartments are gorgeous and conveniently located. And no...hardly any Pennstate students rent there as the rent isn't exactly what the average student can afford unless Daddy is paying for it. I would definitely avoid this complex, simply because of the Mgr.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD CSummit View Post
I would stay away from Applewood personally. Its pretty gross. Laurelwood in CS is a lot nicer than it used to be, that may be a better bet. Summit pointe could be your best bet though. Be careful though, if you work in Scranton and live in any of the three places i listed, your soul will eat at you for not living in the city in which you work. You will have a guilty concious for not paying city wage taxes and not wanting to live downtown even though you work there. What's even worse is that Laurelwood is an apt/condo complex surrounded by 1-5 acre estates which is going to just make you so ashamed of yourself for living near a South abington two cul-de-sac, i dont know how long you'll last there.

sorry for being so sarcastic. Any of those three places would be fine for what i assume you're looking for.
Applewood is gross, huh? I was actually pretty impressed with the pictures, what is gross about it? Can you give me more details?

My husband and I own our own web design company, so we both work from home, so jobs and commuting isn't an issue.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,035 times
Country View Manors only has 5% college students and the ones that are in there must have a parent from any student co-sign the lease, they do not rent to college students by practice. They have moved in over 450 residents in 6 years pleasing everyone is very difficult, they are family owned and managed with all family memebers in the office or in the field. The girl Celeste who used to work there no longer does and the DiPaolo family saw the need to take the controls themselves. The apartments are well kept along with the grounds and maintainence of the facilities. As i said before it is very difficult to please everyone and 3 or 4 out of 450 is not to shabby...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania