Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,977 times

Advertisements

I am making the move from Woodbridge to Fairfax, orignially from CA and i have NO IDEA what to expect from the move..will i like, will i hate it, what is there to do etc.

Also i will be working at Bull Run M.S in Gainesville and taking 66W i believe..to work every morning...any tips on how this commute will be? I had to make the move because i am not a fan of over 30 minute commute time...according to google maps my commute will be 21 miles and 30 minutes...accurate??

I'm planning to rent a condo for 1045 but there is not fitness center and no washer in unit..all utilites included except electricity and cable...is this a deal or should i keep looking...

Any other tips, pointers, friends...please respond!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 08:42 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
My husband takes 66 W everyday from Vienna to Manassas. It is totally against traffic. You will watch the traffic going in the other direction, and be happy you are not in it! It should be an easy commute.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
My husband takes 66 W everyday from Vienna to Manassas. It is totally against traffic. You will watch the traffic going in the other direction, and be happy you are not in it! It should be an easy commute.
Not completely true. There's usually quite a bit of traffic between Exits 69 and 67 (if I remember the numbers correctly) Eastof the beltway almost everyday. Plus there's construction going on closer to the beltway. Also, there seems to be a backup on some of the on and offramps in that area along the way. However it's still not a bad commute compared to others.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Not completely true. There's usually quite a bit of traffic between Exits 69 and 67 (if I remember the numbers correctly) Eastof the beltway almost everyday. Plus there's construction going on closer to the beltway. Also, there seems to be a backup on some of the on and offramps in that area along the way. However it's still not a bad commute compared to others.
But her/his commute would not be east of the beltway. S/he is going from Fairfax to Gainesville. My husband commutes from exit 62 in Vienna to exit 43 in Manassas - again west of the beltway. Not sure what the traffic in Falls Church/Arlington exits has to do with this part of I-66.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
But her/his commute would not be east of the beltway. S/he is going from Fairfax to Gainesville. My husband commutes from exit 62 in Vienna to exit 43 in Manassas - again west of the beltway. Not sure what the traffic in Falls Church/Arlington exits has to do with this part of I-66.
If I plead ignorance because I'm from Alexandria and geographically challenged can I get a pass?

Itsmeyrach - the commute will be a breeze.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
If I plead ignorance because I'm from Alexandria and geographically challenged can I get a pass?

Itsmeyrach - the commute will be a breeze.
Sure, you can get a pass. But you may not collect $200.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,977 times
thanks guys! your input really helped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia