Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,270 times

Advertisements

We have recently moved to Lessburg and we have a 5 yr old and twin 3 yr olds. We are interested in having them take swim lessons at a swim school with a solid reputation and excellent results. We are coming from the Jersey Shore and Silton Swim School which takes a very discplined no parents allowed approach which we have found to be very successful. Does anyone know of a similar center in or near Leesburg?

Also - we are considering enrolling our children at the Kindercare on Golden Meadow in Ashburn - any positive/negative thoughts about that center?

Thanks,
Kelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,328,327 times
Potomac Swim School in Ashburn has a good reputation.

We used to live in Ashburn and we sent our kids to Kindercare in the Broadlands...right off of Waxpool and we loved it there. Carrie Ann is the director and she runs a tight ship. I ALWAYS felt comfortable leaving my kids there. Caring, clean, good food. Can't say enough about it. Before going there we went to Kiddie Academy in Lansdowne...long story, but after 6 months we took them out. So we then researched and landed on Kindercare in Broadlands. We had looked at the one on Golden Meadow but my husband just didn't like it for some reason...I think he was drawn to Carrie Ann and the way she ran her center...Golden Meadow was closer but an additional 3 minutes was nothing. Hope this helps!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 7,263 times
Default SwimKids is fantastic

I'd recommend you take her to SwimKids; they are opening in June in Potomac Station in Leesburg. We have our kids enrolled at their Gainesville swim school and it is amazing! Our kids are awesome swimmers now; their strokes are fantastic and that's because they learned at SwimKids. Their website is www.swimkids.us.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM

5,668 posts, read 5,103,364 times
Another vote for SwimKids! Their facility in Gainesville is fantastic and the new one opening near Leesburg should be just as good if not better. The staff and their approach to training is first rate.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 AM

11 posts, read 29,316 times
We used Swim Kids in Fredericksburg and LOVED them!!!! The main office was extremely professional and the owners rocked!! You will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia