Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM

201 posts, read 490,633 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in the land of TYPE A turn the world on fire and the United Nations of America's immigrant population Northern Virginia.

There seems to be three types of people in pretty much every neighborhood I have lived in here.

One: TYPE A, wired for achievement and success turn the world on fire types. They leave for work at 5 AM and come home at 8:00 PM or later. Nothing is more important to these people than making money or gaining career success or power. They live for work and everything else suffers including their family and friends. They have huge egos and only talk to people who can benefit them or someone at their level. They don't have time or interest in chit chatting with the neighbors.

TWO: Immigrant struggling to make it in America and understand a foreign place. They come from places where there is less diversity and most people are more homogeneous. They are overwhelmed by the many languages spoken in the DC area and the pressures of daily living. They may speak English fairly well but don't really understand the culture or hidden understandings of the English language or the way of live and sensitivities of native born Americans. As a result they are more comfortable just associating with family and friends who come from the same country as they were born.

THREE: Everyone else (regular type folks like you would find in the rest of VA and most of middle America. This is an ever decreasing percentage of the population. Political Correctness tells this group that they should welcome the immigrants and tell everyone they love the diversity of the DC area but deep down they feel that the America they once knew is slipping away and they feel like strangers in their own community. Many are moving away under the excuse of better schools or a simpler way of life. But really deep down they feel like outsiders in a community that feels more foreign to them every day.

The result everyone is stressed and feel out of place and don't talk to the neighbors.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Nobody should take the bait here. This one should have a very short shelf life.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
Nobody should take the bait here. This one should have a very short shelf life.
There is no intention of being a troll or any bait at all. Instead just an opportunity to discuss what a messed up area this is becoming and how different it is than regular America.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
I see posts like this occasionally and I often have to wonder where people live.

I live in Eastern PWC in a predominantly white, middle class neighborhood. I have not seen items 1, 2, or 3 listed above. To me, I just see a bunch of "regular" people. Admittedly, I do know some category 1 people but they don't seem to live in Prince William County--probably not good enough for them, happily. So, I don't know, I just don't see it.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 PM

617 posts, read 1,355,752 times
It's not really a discussion when you frame it in such a way to make your point sound correct, thus no discussion. You didn't write "Are these the only three types of people in NOVA?" You already told us what they are and why the area sucks, so I guess the conversation is over.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
It's not really a discussion when you frame it in such a way to make your point sound correct, thus no discussion. You didn't write "Are these the only three types of people in NOVA?" You already told us what they are and why the area sucks, so I guess the conversation is over.
No, the area is great if you are TYPE A looking for a great career or an immigrant who wants to live in a community of people like yourself who are immigrants from your country.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
If there is a type D: impossibly handsome, intelligent, smoking hot athletic body, chick magnet, that's where I would be grouped in

Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times
its hard to deny the abundance of Type A's in this area

Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
OP is a well-known race-baiting troll that has been banned from the forum many times (see Dingler, Workaholic?, etc.) This incarnation will be banned soon enough, and the thread will probably be locked, so there's really no point in responding. Just ignore "snooper" and let the mods handle him.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 PM

9,873 posts, read 14,112,458 times
ok, I'm taking the bait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post

One: TYPE A, wired for achievement and success turn the world on fire types. They leave for work at 5 AM and come home at 8:00 PM or later. Nothing is more important to these people than making money or gaining career success or power. They live for work and everything else suffers including their family and friends. They have huge egos and only talk to people who can benefit them or someone at their level. They don't have time or interest in chit chatting with the neighbors.
So, if a Type A is "wired for achievement and success", does that mean that your Type C (everyone else) is wired for failure and defeat??

Maybe I leave for work at 5 am to beat the traffic. Maybe I'm not coming home until 8 pm, beccause I volunteer at a nursing home.

Why do you assume my family and friends suffer because I want to be successful? Are all of the happy people the friends and families of people who fail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia