Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:40 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzrulez View Post
is the baskin robbins still there? That's the most important factor. :d
lol!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 AM

1,449 posts, read 3,170,151 times
The Baskin Robbins and the Starbucks are still at North Point. We frequently see our neighbors up there, and also use it as a meeting spot for friends coming from the other side of North Point. Baskin Robbins playdates in the summer are my favorites.

Blockbuster has been in trouble for several years, especially with the rise of Netflix and Redbox (there is a Redbox machine in the Giant). I went and rented a couple movies at Blockbuster a few months back and was taken aback by the prices, especially when we normally do the Redbox $1 rentals.

Thank goodness I am hopelessly addicted to my DVR, so I rarely worry about movie rentals anymore.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Hilsmon, next time you're at one of the stores there, maybe you can see if one of the store managers knows the scoop. If anyone knowns what's going on, it would be one of them. They may not be at liberty to say, but it's worth a try.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM

I will try. We probably would have had better luck with the pet store and the mail place since we were frequent customers and they knew my daughter well. Although, the family that runs the dry cleaning place live in my neighborhood - we just don't see them all that much. Maybe I should find some dry cleaning on purpose just to go and ask

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsmom View Post
Maybe I should find some dry cleaning on purpose just to go and ask
LOL, you have the makings of a really good investigative reporter. Let us know if you find anything out.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM

haha - or just a really nosey snoop.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:38 PM

274 posts, read 708,537 times
I met the leasing manager a few years ago and thought he was quite arrogant, especially in his conversation with a long-term tenant. But in the long run, I really believe that they need to get their annual increases whether the tenant business increases yearly or not. Really makes it difficult to be a small business owner.

Quote:
I will try. We probably would have had better luck with the pet store and the mail place since we were frequent customers and they knew my daughter well. Although, the family that runs the dry cleaning place live in my neighborhood - we just don't see them all that much. Maybe I should find some dry cleaning on purpose just to go and ask

Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
Well the shopping center is owned by the Lerners, who also own the last-place Washington Nationals. Draw your own conclusions >.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM

274 posts, read 708,537 times
'Zactly! Mr. Lerner's name was thrown about repeatedly. As if ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Well the shopping center is owned by the Lerners, who also own the last-place Washington Nationals. Draw your own conclusions >.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
I have no idea - it really is bizarre. I mean, really, FOUR hair salons? WHY? Something odd is going on over there. We really miss the pet store AND the mail place (my daughter keeps asking about the gigantic dog that one of the employees used to bring with him). I hope you are not correct, because that pretty much would kill the feel of Reston as a whole.

But when we answer this one, then maybe someone can tell me why the KMart Center in Herndon had to kick out Gold's Gym and NOT fill that space for 2.5 years?
K-Mart owns the space? And they kicked out Gold's Gym? Why would a landlord kick out a paying renter? Makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia