Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 05:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,784 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in an Hoa condo complex or even an apartment complex that hosts a summer pool party for their residents? My complex put up notices and sent out letters requesting RSVP's for the event. There is an evening and early morning event one for adults and the other for kids, I am only gong to the adult one it has a spot to write down how many is attending. My question is it okay to bring guests to this type of event that do not live with you? I hopeing that maybe someone else on here has been to this type of neighborhood event and have brought guests. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:13 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Probably more appropriately addressed to your HOA?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Probably more appropriately addressed to your HOA?
Yeah I could ask them but I was wondering in general with such events hosted by Hoas if they ment for guests to come. A lot of singles live here so I was guessing so. They didnt really mention it on the invite. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,483 times
They don't care if you bring a guest or two. Don't go overboard.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looktowindward View Post
They don't care if you bring a guest or two. Don't go overboard.
yeah that is what I was thinking! thanks!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM

491 posts, read 1,170,741 times
These things are usually to get their residents together to meet each other and socialize. Esp if there are a lot of singles there (there used to be a term for this: mixers).

You need to call your HOA -- is LOOKTOWINDWARD a member of your HOA? Right.

This is similar to neighborhoods' block parties -- residents don't bring in their friends for those.

And why do you you think they are asking people to RSVP? Could it perhaps be that they are providing refreshments? Why would they want to be paying out money to open their doors to nonresidents? They have other ways to lure people to live there.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,446 times
Bringing your own guests is exactly the reason that parties may not continue in the future - or your rates to increase, or for you to pay a per person fee. We had a neighborhood HOA sponsored party - remember that the HOA uses your money - and everyone brought their brother and then some. The food was gone before everyone even showed up (and people were supposed to RSVP). I see that they just had a pool party and charged a 'pp fee' for a drink and two slices of pizza. Thanks folks for bringing all your guests and ruining it for those of us that actually pay the HOA dues.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM

I asked my Hoa today and they said that I was welcome to bring guests, in fact they encouraged it. They said the reason for the party is to have a good time.. They are a little worried that not many people will show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia