U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM
 
141 posts, read 232,956 times
Reputation: 84

Advertisements

where can i buy some lamb? are there any butcher shops around the arlington/alexandria/vienna area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
 
4,039 posts, read 4,851,120 times
Reputation: 10620
They have lamb regularly at my Giant in Annandale, boneless leg, racks and chops. Any of the halal butchers in the area will have lamb. Lebanese Butcher on Hillwood Avenue in Falls Church (just east/north of the intersection with Annandale Road) will have it and very nice quality there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County
1,534 posts, read 3,321,520 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
They have lamb regularly at my Giant in Annandale, boneless leg, racks and chops. Any of the halal butchers in the area will have lamb. Lebanese Butcher on Hillwood Avenue in Falls Church (just east/north of the intersection with Annandale Road) will have it and very nice quality there.
weezycom beat me to it -- I was going to recommend the Lebanese Butcher as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
 
Location: New-Dentist Colony
5,740 posts, read 8,969,149 times
Reputation: 3858
Or this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 AM
 
7,958 posts, read 9,699,120 times
Reputation: 13999
um.....pretty much any butcher in any supermarket. Did you go to one where they did not have some form of lamb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Brambleton, VA
2,136 posts, read 4,644,156 times
Reputation: 1292
Let's Meat on the Avenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 AM
 
1,256 posts, read 3,530,433 times
Reputation: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFish View Post
weezycom beat me to it -- I was going to recommend the Lebanese Butcher as well.
It's interesting - that area:

Food Joints

somewhat seedy in appearance, has a number of places with good food - same strip mall has a little Vietnamese market, couple blocks away around a corner (wallace/s. maple) is an Asian place with the simple label "Seafood", the pollo place near the bicycle shop, etc etc etc.

Though some relatively humongous expensive-looking condos/apartment buildings have "recently" gone up, those joints remain close by.

=====

I just looked at street view for that little strip mall and THAT view suggests ALL the businesses were vacant at the time of the photo. Since it's been awhile since I visited that strip mall, is this true? Or was it simply temporary?

Street view

Last edited by sullyguy; 01-17-2013 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: Added adendum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
 
Location: among the clustered spires
2,380 posts, read 3,870,413 times
Reputation: 869
Might want to check the Maple Ave. Market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County
1,534 posts, read 3,321,520 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
It's interesting - that area:

Food Joints

somewhat seedy in appearance, has a number of places with good food - same strip mall has a little Vietnamese market, couple blocks away around a corner (wallace/s. maple) is an Asian place with the simple label "Seafood", the pollo place near the bicycle shop, etc etc etc.

Though some relatively humongous expensive-looking condos/apartment buildings have "recently" gone up, those joints remain close by.

=====

I just looked at street view for that little strip mall and THAT view suggests ALL the businesses were vacant at the time of the photo. Since it's been awhile since I visited that strip mall, is this true? Or was it simply temporary?

Street view
I think that was temporary. They were doing lots of construction work over there and I never really paid much attention, as I was usually on my way to get my kid's musical instrument repaired over at nearby Foxes Music.

But yes, there are a bunch of great "ethnic" restaurants in that area. (yum!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 PM
 
314 posts, read 342,942 times
Reputation: 139
Really ? You need to ask that ? Where can't you buy lamb ? Almost every store has them. This is like asking where can I buy beef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top