Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM

67 posts, read 149,003 times

Advertisements

I was browsing for single family house in ashburn and came accross NV homes on hay road. Any body has any information about the community. and also the Cedar lane elimentary school? Redfin is showing rating of 6( claims from great schools) but great school website is showing 8 rating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 04:54 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,312,092 times
If you mean Ashlea Trails, I would caution you that the only way in/out is Hay Road, which is a narrow 25 MPH barely-two lane road at that spot. I don't know if there are plans to widen it but I doubt it since it ends on Ashburn Road in the middle of the historic area, which is also 25 MPH. Also, some of the lots back up to the W&OD trail, which may be a concern.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the response. Since ashburn raod is closed towards route 7, how is traffic on that road?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 AM

989 posts, read 2,856,530 times
The traffic on Ashburn Road and Hay Road isn't bad. We really disliked Cedar Lane but most people we know like it there. They are getting a new principal next year so maybe that will help. You should check to see if that neighborhood is being annexed into Ashburn Farm. If so, you'll be able to use the pools and tennis courts and it will most likely zone to Stone Bridge for high school. If not, it MAY (?) zone to Broad Run. Loudoun County tends to keep the larger communities together for school zoning and the smaller communities get put in wherever there's room.

Personally, I think I'd really enjoy backing up to the W&OD trail but not sure about the power lines...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM

25 posts, read 85,231 times
Traffic on hay rd or ashburn rd is not bad at all and cedar lane is a good school. It has a rating of 8. the middle and high school for that subdivision are good too. All the people i know, who have kids there,love it. FYI my kids don' t study there as I am not in the school zone. But I live nearby and often use hay rd/ashburn rd and traffic is never bad there anytime of day.
But I would strongly suggest not buying in that particular subdivision as they are building homes right under the high tension power lines,which is not good for health reasons and those homes back to W and OD which may be another concern.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Thank you Parineeta and mdcrim. I have looked on Google about the HT wires and found lot of information. There is no conclusive evidence that HT wires cause health risks at the same time there is not enough information to say there is no effect. My child’s health is Paramount. Even if there is one percent chance that there is a risk I will try to avoid it, particularly when it is choice. Thanks again for useful information

Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM

FYI... the Ashburn/Dulles North middle and high school boundary redrawing drama officially starts at a public meeting on March 7 and runs through April. There is no guarantee that the schools currently serving that neighborhood will continue to do so.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM

989 posts, read 2,856,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
FYI... the Ashburn/Dulles North middle and high school boundary redrawing drama officially starts at a public meeting on March 7 and runs through April. There is no guarantee that the schools currently serving that neighborhood will continue to do so.
Oh, I forgot about that. All bets are off. The school shuffle begins. Does anyone know when they are going to implement the final boundaries? It would be nice to be able to do a little planning. That being said, I don't think one can go wrong with any of the Ashburn high schools. In my opinion, Mill Run elementary in the Broadlands is the best elementary school in Ashburn. And I don't know enough about the middle schools to express an opinion.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcrim View Post
Oh, I forgot about that. All bets are off. The school shuffle begins. Does anyone know when they are going to implement the final boundaries? It would be nice to be able to do a little planning. That being said, I don't think one can go wrong with any of the Ashburn high schools. In my opinion, Mill Run elementary in the Broadlands is the best elementary school in Ashburn. And I don't know enough about the middle schools to express an opinion.
Here are the details: letter to parents (Ashburn/Dulles North Secondary Attendance Zone Review). MS-6 (Trailside) and HS-6 (in Loudoun Valley Estates) will open in Fall 2014; HS-8 (in Lansdowne) will open in Fall 2015.

And for OP and anyone else who missed it: Ashburn and Dulles North Elementary Attendance Zones effective Fall 2013

Old 03-02-2013, 04:09 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,604 times
All of the schools in the area are pretty good, so I wouldn't worry to much about the zoning. The traffic on Ashburn Rd is ok, except for the times when school buses are transiting. Otherwise, the traffic is really minimal.

There is no risk from the high tension lines. They are quite elevated and the EM field decreases as a square of the distance. This is the same sort of anti-scientific thinking that gets people refusing to use cell phones and WiFi. One big plus of living in Ashburn is the excellent utility infrastructure - i.e. the Waxpool 230kV loop installed due to the data centers. Highly reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia