Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 04:47 AM

39 posts, read 66,491 times

Advertisements

Good morning all! I'm looking for some recommendations on who to call for Lawn care. Specifically, sprinkler installation and Lawn spraying. For sprinklers I'm looking at Rainbird since ive had it before. For spraying i'm looking for weed killing/fertilization. I have a standard city size lot as FYI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 AM

499 posts, read 2,156,771 times
An inground sprinkler system is really going to come down to cost of the installation. Rain bird is a popular brand and works well but using it over other trusted brands is not going to impact the price. If it were me, I would get several quotes to see the difference in price. The labor cost is what will really drive the price.

Lawn service- I've used several different companies over the years. Here, we use TruGreen. I still own a home in SC and I use them there as well and now that I think of it, when we lived in NY I used them there as well. No complaints-- I've never had a problem with them- even if I called and had them come back to spray again. I did the math one time and it was cheaper to use them than to do it myself.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,466,601 times
I used Affordable in Vienna for sprinkler installation after getting rates from three other companies. Affordable was actually the highest, but they beat the lowest rate I had gotten. Check them out; they are recommended on Angie's List as well.

For lawn care, I use local landscape services. Used TruGreen and Scotts but never got the personal level of service that I get from my local company.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:25 PM

271 posts, read 446,744 times
We used BioTurf out of Chantilly for our irrigation system and landscape lighting last year. They did a great job, we are now using them this year for our lawn treatments as well. They are also on Angies List. If you want a quote from them PM me and I'll give you my name as a reference, a friend of mine is friends with the owner of the company. Not sure if that will help with cost or not but I suppose it can't hurt.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,456,190 times
I would not recommend the co. we used (for several reasons, including their damaging our property and refusing to accept responsibility) so won't name it. This continues to be a highly rated co. on Checkbook. Maybe we were unlucky.

When comparing estimates, be sure to count the # and placement of the sprinkler heads. Most of the cos that gave us estimates used Rainbird. Also you have to pay an electrician to put a panel in your garage or some other place for use by the system. The guy our irrigation co recommended blew out the whole house's system and didn't have a replacement part on his truck so had to take extra time to go to the hardware store. The irrigation people could not understand why we saw this as problematic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia