Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 12:37 PM

7 posts, read 16,686 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I would like to know about Winchester and Fredericksburg which one is better when it's come to safe/low crimes areas, good school district I have a job offer to Fredericksburg va but I am leaning toward Winchester because of the cost of living I also want to know how far of a commute between Winchester and Fredericksburg I would like to be in a diverse area please help any info will greatly appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,385,047 times
Winchester and Fredericksburg are 80 miles from each other. Is there a reason you're looking at Winchester in particular? It wouldn't make a lot of sense to live there if your job is in Fredericksburg.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:33 PM

303 posts, read 592,615 times
Per back posts you said you were moving to Atlanta, GA in June. Did that fall through?

pcity is correct that it is over 80 miles apart for both towns. If looking for cheaper living, work in Fredericksburg and live further down 95 South although Fredericksburg is not that expensive.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:38 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,094,389 times
We live on Winchester and do not know a single person who commutes to Fredericksburg. Doesn't make sense.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM

@ VAnFan the company that I work for also offer me a position in Fredericksburg Va too so I got 2 positions line up between Atlanta Ga and Fredericksburg Va what I am looking for is a low crimes community , city or town to raise my children I am African Americans I would like to be in a diverse area , middle class and family friendly neighborhood now I have to states to choose to where I want to move any help will greatly appreciate for what I see its look like Atlanta has more crimes than Fredericksburg please correct me if I am wrong I know no place is safe but help me please to choose between the two thank you very much.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM

687 posts, read 1,377,948 times
Working in Fredericksburg and living in Winchester would be insane. It would probably be a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. While on paper they might look similar in size they are very different. Fredericksburg is on I-95 and there is a huge retail center called Central Park which includes just about every store and restaurant in existence. Winchester is rather isolated and you have to drive over a mountain to get there. Snow is a real issue in Winchester.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:17 PM

@ Fundman thank you so much for the info now can you tell me a little bit about Fredericksburg how is the crimes, the school district and which county is better or any other city close to Fredericksburg within 15 miles, also how is the diversity I would love to be in the suburb most important thing to me is the safety for my family any feedback will greatly appreciate.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:19 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,176,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p 38 View Post
@ VAnFan the company that I work for also offer me a position in Fredericksburg Va too so I got 2 positions line up between Atlanta Ga and Fredericksburg Va what I am looking for is a low crimes community , city or town to raise my children I am African Americans I would like to be in a diverse area , middle class and family friendly neighborhood now I have to states to choose to where I want to move any help will greatly appreciate for what I see its look like Atlanta has more crimes than Fredericksburg please correct me if I am wrong I know no place is safe but help me please to choose between the two thank you very much.
There are certainly a lot more convenient, compatible options for you to consider closer to Fredericksburg, including Fredericksburg itself. Compared to Atlanta proper, crime is generally not a major issue in the vast majority of Northern Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia