Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:32 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,119 times

Advertisements

I work for Bridgestone/Firestone in Warrenton if you need help installing and balancing your tires come see us. Tires come in many different sizes, speed ratings, tread patterns, directional, non-direction, do you want black wall or raised white letter?

Do you have a performance car? Do you know your manufacturers recommended speed rating for your vehicles tires?

We can help you with all this if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 03:30 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acgood View Post
Yes this is good to know as an option for times. Since we're here, are any of the posters willing to name the preferred mechanics in the area that they were referring to? Thanks in advance if so
Ashburn Service and Tire. They're out in Ashburn, but they are a really good place for taking care of your cars.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:01 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
A vote for TireRack. Ship directly to the installer. You can pick from their "approved" installers, compare installation prices, and read reviews from other customers.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:08 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,724,246 times
Thanks for the additional responses. Ashburn and Warrenton are a bit far out for me--but I'm going to see what kind of deal my mechanic can get.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 PM

158 posts, read 247,080 times
Anyone have any input on which local tireshops in alexandria might have the largest inventory selection on site? Blew a tire today and know the exact model I'm looking for (on tire-rack), but I need to get ti fixed right away (can't wait for shipping).

Old 10-19-2014, 07:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,319 times
You'll have to call around. The dealer is the best bet for a quick OEM replacement (likely not the cheapest though).

If you order from Tire Rack and the order ships from Delaware it will arrive the next day.

For tire mounting I use Curry's a lot they have several locations in the area and it's pretty cheap to get a tire installed - they're a tire rack certified installer.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 8,706 times
I've used VA Tire & Auto (South Riding location) for oil changes and inspections several times and to replace a single flat tire once. I checked TireRack.com and VATire were only a couple dollars more expensive when I added the cost of shipping, and they had the exact replacement tire the next day from a local warehouse. The service at VATire has always been very good and they even re-calibrated my TPMS sensors for free when I was having issues after having tires installed somewhere else (see next).

When I needed 4 new tires on my truck though, I ended up going to Sams Club. I had decided what tires I wanted and searched/called all around for the best price. As I recall, Sam's also includes road hazard coverage, which most shops (and TireRack) charge extra for.

I found it curious that VATire runs coupons and deals quite often on all kinds of other services, but I never see any particular deals on tires -- they must not want to discount their bread and butter.

Good luck,

Greg

Old 10-20-2014, 11:58 AM

247 posts, read 1,141,216 times
We've had good luck with Curry's on Main Street in Fairfax - twice we've had them shipped from tirerack and installed there. However, they informed us that they'd match tire rack's online prices if they could verify it, so we did that with them also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia