Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:11 PM

18 posts, read 35,599 times

Advertisements

I am getting ready to remodel my kitchen and I recently (with Mrs. Qasim) had an interview with Suzanne and Robert from RJK construction. Has anyone worked with this firm; does anyone have any comments on the quality of work they do?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 PM

30 posts, read 83,137 times
A very old complaint in the state's records...

http://www.dpor.state.va.us/regulantlookup/.%5Cdisciplinaryactions%5Cpdf_orders%5C2000-02542_2705030056.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 AM

4 posts, read 16,657 times
Amazed and Excited about my new kitchen I am unbelievably amazed and excited about my new kitchen! I could not have imagined that it would turn out so beautifully. Suzanne Kalmin of RJK Construction, Inc. designed my kitchen. Before we selected a contractor or even knew what we were going to do, Mrs. Kalmin took our ideas and the current styles in our home and turned them into my dream kitchen! She helped my husband and I evaluate and reevaluate the layout and selection of our cabinetry, appliances and lighting. The design of our backsplash was perfect to compliment our color sink choice. Our kitchen feels Just Right! It completely reflects my husband and my style. Of the greatest importance, Mrs. Kalmin worked with our very limited budget and was able to get the materials necessary to create the look we wanted within our budget. I am so very thankful for her designer's eye, her patience and creativity with pulling together the look we wanted ... I am unbelievably amazed and excited about my new kitchen! I could not have imagined that it would turn out so beautifully. Suzanne Kalmin of RJK Construction, Inc. designed my kitchen. Before we selected a contractor or even knew what we were going to do, Mrs. Kalmin took our ideas and the current styles in our home and turned them into my dream kitchen! She helped my husband and I evaluate and reevaluate the layout and selection of our cabinetry, appliances and lighting. The design of our backsplash was perfect to compliment our color sink choice. Our kitchen feels Just Right! It completely reflects my husband and my style. Of the greatest importance, Mrs. Kalmin worked with our very limited budget and was able to get the materials necessary to create the look we wanted within our budget. I am so very thankful for her designer's eye, her patience, and creativity with pulling together the look we wanted without breaking our bank! To Thank you Suzanne and RJK for your remarkable design! We went ahead and hired RJK Construction, Inc. to do our kitchen and then our bathroom; It is so much more than we could have ever imagined! We are already planning our Master bathroom, and they are our contractor for life!
LeAnne Fields, Clifton

Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 AM

The company on the complaint is for RJK Builder in Alexandria...The company Robert and Suzanne own is RJK Construction, Inc. in Fairfax...4010 University Dr. #104, Fairfax, VA 22030..call them 703-218-1809 [url=http://www.rjkconstructioninc.com]Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom & kitchen Design and Remodeling by RJK Construction[/url]

Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 PM

303 posts, read 592,827 times
LeAnne you sound so geniune.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:34 PM

989 posts, read 2,857,412 times
Especially with two posts, both in response to this thread...

Would the "Robert" that the OP met with be "Robert Kaufman", who signed the violation report???

Honestly, I know nothing of these contractors but this seems suspect to me...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 AM

Default do your researches before you suggest there is fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcrim View Post
Especially with two posts, both in response to this thread...

Would the "Robert" that the OP met with be "Robert Kaufman", who signed the violation report???

Honestly, I know nothing of these contractors but this seems suspect to me...
I am new to this…for that reason; I am not sure why you are all beginning suspects. RJK Construction has been my contractor for over six years and all my family and friends use them and I pass their name along to everyone who will listen. I would highly recommend RJK Construction, especially since we worked with a contractor in the past that ran off with our final payment without completing the project; will not do that again!
FYI- Robert’s last name is Kalmin not Kaufman. Look them up and next time do your researches before you suggest there is fraud.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 AM

[FONT=&quot]as you can see I am new to this…for that reason; I am not sure why you are all beginning suspects. Maybe people should be suspect of your negativity.
[/FONT]

Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 AM

38 posts, read 70,573 times
LeAnne posting sounds like the Kalmins

Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,096,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeAnneFields View Post
as you can see I am new to this…for that reason; I am not sure why you are all beginning suspects. Maybe people should be suspect of your negativity.
It's really a function of the fact that this forum gets a fair number of posters who only post a few times, and only about whether a particular home builder or renovation firm is good or bad. Same thing happens regularly here with respect to a specific private school in Haymarket.

Posters who post about a diverse range of topics tend to be more credible - or at least you get a sense as to where they're coming from. A post from a single-issue poster "feels" more like an advertisement, particularly when it's about the quality of some vendor.

Having said that, I know that home builders are not shy about asking for recommendations, and the home owners may feel like they'll be in a better position to ask the builder/renovator for a tiny favor (or 2 or 3) later on if they provide as many recommendations as possible. You've certainly posted this recommendation in multiple sites.

Good luck with your home (or home business), whichever it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia