Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 PM

197 posts, read 166,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handtalker View Post
I have never experienced traffic. We complain in Idaho about our one busy road here that we can't always travel 55 mph on and I'm surrounded by four way stops, so that will all be new to me. And a big adjustment. I love public transportation and used that exclusively when I lived in Berlin, St. Petersburg and Singapore but they all had very extensive public transportation.
traffic here is bad..... but there are allways escape routes... its not as bad as ATL or LA... with that said you could play with google maps type in the route and select the time to get an idea of how bad it could be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,664 times
Unless you live IN DC, the area is very much suburban sprawl. Micron is not located off a main artery so even living in Virginia Run in Centreville is not convenient to getting there. Yes, Centreville is adjacent to Manassas but to get to Micron with traffic lights, etc is not a straight shot. I recommend Bristow/Gainesville since day to day conveniences are located in central spots. Take a look at Virginia Gateway shopping center. Here is house located in Patriot HS and Marsteller Middle. All the ES are really good.

https://www.redfin.com/VA/Bristow/13...6/home/9402759

Old 02-12-2019, 12:23 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
Unless you live IN DC, the area is very much suburban sprawl. Micron is not located off a main artery so even living in Virginia Run in Centreville is not convenient to getting there. Yes, Centreville is adjacent to Manassas but to get to Micron with traffic lights, etc is not a straight shot. I recommend Bristow/Gainesville since day to day conveniences are located in central spots. Take a look at Virginia Gateway shopping center. Here is house located in Patriot HS and Marsteller Middle. All the ES are really good.

https://www.redfin.com/VA/Bristow/13...6/home/9402759
That isn't true at all- there are plenty of walkable neighborhoods in North Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church and portions of Fairfax that are the complete opposite of suburban sprawl.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,972,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handtalker View Post
I have never experienced traffic. We complain in Idaho about our one busy road here that we can't always travel 55 mph on and I'm surrounded by four way stops, so that will all be new to me. And a big adjustment. I love public transportation and used that exclusively when I lived in Berlin, St. Petersburg and Singapore but they all had very extensive public transportation.
The VRE train in NOVA is decades behind modern rail....

Old 02-12-2019, 12:50 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
That isn't true at all- there are plenty of walkable neighborhoods in North Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church and portions of Fairfax that are the complete opposite of suburban sprawl.
plenty? ok. Given the poster is from Idaho, I thought I would provide what she will likely see in commutable options for her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia