Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:44 PM

38 posts, read 228,719 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a really good Montessori pre-school or elementary school in/near Ashburn? If so, please let me know the name and if you have any more information on it- location, website, etc.

Thank you kindly for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,313,018 times
There is the Boyd School in the Broadlands of Ashburn
Montessori Academy in Belmont Green in Ashburn
Willow in Old Ashburn...right off of Hay Road

Those are the few I know about

Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 PM

38 posts, read 228,719 times
thanks so much! lots of help!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:51 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,962,198 times
There is an excellent one in Sterling on Church Road, the Montessori Children's House of Loudoun. Two of my granchildren went there and my daughter is very pleased with their education. Both are excellent readers. If you live in the eastern part of Ashburn it will be closer to you than the Broadlands or the other ones in western Ashburn.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,577 times
The only place I would recommend in Ashburn is Belmont Green. I have great experience with both the Boyd School and Willow. I would never send my child to either one nor would I recommend them to anyone. I feel both school do not allow their directresses to teach the Montessori curriculum in any meaningful way.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 18,087 times
any more suggestions among these (willow or belmont greene) montessori schools is greately appreciated. I am looking for my 4 yr old to start pre school now, as she is having health problems. I am planning to decide one school by the end of this week.
I went to both schools for the tours. Both are impressive. for willow, now the administration has changed. So any comments, please.
Thanks in advance.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 8,982 times
There is a new school where Willow used to be and it is fantastic. It is called Ha'penny Montessori School and the owned is originally from Ireland and has over 16 years expenience in Montessori. They also are the only school I know who offer part time programs and they are having an open house on December 5th and 8th. You should check them out. I have tried other Montessori schools in the area and none compare. They also have spanish 4 times a week and Zumba dance. Here is their web site Ha'penny Montessori School - good luck

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 18,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama View Post
There is a new school where Willow used to be and it is fantastic. It is called Ha'penny Montessori School and the owned is originally from Ireland and has over 16 years expenience in Montessori. They also are the only school I know who offer part time programs and they are having an open house on December 5th and 8th. You should check them out. I have tried other Montessori schools in the area and none compare. They also have spanish 4 times a week and Zumba dance. Here is their web site Ha'penny Montessori School - good luck
Thank you for the advice.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,698 times
If it's not too late, I highly recommend Arris Montessori. Arris Montessori. It's run by wonderful people who are dedicated to the montessori philosophy.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,033 times
Default Montessori Schools in Ashburn

Arris Montessori is a new school, but they have demonstrated that they care about each individual child and their needs. My daughter started at Montessori at Belmont greens, then went to the Boyd School and finally Arris Montessori Academy. Of the three, Arris did more to develop her academically and socially.

I have nothing bad to say about MAB and it is a very good school, but I would never send my children to any of the Boyd schools. Even after my child stopped attending them, I have continually heard of problems with teachers, classes, administration and whole sections of parents leaving the school. I strongly regret sending my daughter there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia