Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:02 PM

982 posts, read 3,485,867 times

Advertisements

Did you use an agent and if so, how many agents did you speak with before you decided to go with the one you selected? I ask because I know the community you're referring to and those condos were signifcantly overpriced from day one; the value was bound to drop like a hot potato. Had they been properly priced, NVP wouldn't have had to rent the "left overs" in your neighborhood. Pricing is my biggest gripe with them.

I've never had any issues getting in touch with them...wish there was more I could offer for those having trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipian View Post
Let me tell you guys something about NVP homes! I am a current homeowner who unfortunately bought my property from NVP! They have no customer service and they do not respond to your messages or requests! They turned the condo units that didn't sell into rentals and they did that without approvals of the current homeowners! They have not turned the property over to a HOA team, so they can get away by pulling craps like this! Our property values have gone down much more than it would have in just a bad economy! To make the matter worse you can't even sell or shortsale your property because no bank will approve a mortgage for a property that is located in a rental zone!
Just give yourself a favor and never ever buy from them! Buy from big companies like Beazers or ryan that are more recognized and at the least have some customer service!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,890 times
I was just there and I liked the homes and am considering getting one.
Where in Ewells Mill do you live? What do you mean by lie and drag their feet. Please let me know what the problems are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDDVA View Post
I bought back in the summer of 2009... and regret it - they lie and drag their feet, they have not done anything with the HOA and yet want to bill us for it.
Their subcontractors even lie.
NVP treat homeowners like they did the buyer a favor by letting them buy their home...
If you are considering buying NVP - DO NOT - walk around Ewells Mill and talk to the current homeowners

Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,890 times
Did you end up buying your home fom these guys? We are interested in them now.
Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bospat View Post
Interested in a new development Ewells Mlls Estates on Spriggs rd in Woodbridge. The builder NVP INC claims they are a private (which scares me) developer/builder with numerous developments around town...Has anyone dealt with them? Know anything about them? Would greatly appreciate any info. Also whom do I contact in PWC Gov to check them out...Thanks...

Some of their developments:
  • Cardinal Pointe
  • Hasting Overlook Manassas
  • Silver leaf Bristow
  • Hailee grove Manassas
  • Turning Leaf Bristow

Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,702 times
My husband and I are currently renting from NVP. We have been calling for well over 2 months to ask them to change the burnt out light bulbs in the main hallway of the building. Now the outside parking lot light has gone out and they have done nothing to replace that. It is dark and potentially dangerous to have absolutely know light. Once our lease is up we are moving out. You couldn't pay me to stay in this apartment complex. I feel terrible for the people who have bought their apartments/condos here.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,348 times
Default NVP Homes

Do not buy! Don't even look at their property. The initial appearance is very decieving. Once you move in ...then the nightmare begins! Horrible experience and absolutely no customer service. POOR QUALITY, POOR WORKMANSHIP, YOU WILL NEED TO DO A COMPLETE REMODEL IN ORDER TO SELL IT. EXPENSIVE HOUSE BUT EVERY THING INSIDE IS CHEAP AND YOU WANT EVEN KNOW IT UNTIL IT STARTS TO FALL APART. All they want to do is sell their crappy property to you and walk away... TOTALLY NONE RESPONSIVE TO YOU! BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO HOA REGULATIONS! NEED TO FILE A LAWSUIT TO GET THEM TO DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 5,348 times
Default Do not buy NVP Property

Do not buy new from them. They are horrible shoddy work, no customer service but high price. You would regret buying from them trust me we did and our nightmare continues

Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,826 times
Default Question

HorribleExperience....what community did you purchase your home in and what year ? if you don't mind me asking

Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 AM

707 posts, read 1,407,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko911 View Post
HorribleExperience....what community did you purchase your home in and what year ? if you don't mind me asking
This thread is over two years old, I highly doubt HE is going to respond. Your better off starting a new thread
if you really want others to respond who are currently active on this board. GL!

Old 12-28-2013, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,698 times
I bought an NVP Home in 2010 and have regretted it ever since. I have not found one owner happy with their home in our subdivision either. Their customer service is horrible, they do not keep their word (yes liars), they have horrible build quality, and have no loyalty. I wish I would have never bought from this company. Barbara, Harry, etc in my opinion are crooks.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:38 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP SUCKS View Post
I bought an NVP Home in 2010 and have regretted it ever since. I have not found one owner happy with their home in our subdivision either. Their customer service is horrible, they do not keep their word (yes liars), they have horrible build quality, and have no loyalty. I wish I would have never bought from this company. Barbara, Harry, etc in my opinion are crooks.
what neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia