Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 11,961 times

Advertisements

I was looking to move in this area. I heard alot of good things about Kingstown - Manchester Lakes... but someone posted something abou townhome area on/near Beulah st not the best... They didn't say anything specific -- can anyone give me some incite please. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,378,752 times
I know some who live in this area. It's fine. Don't know why anyone would call it "not the best". They're typical middle-class townhomes.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM

thanks for your response. That is helpful.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:21 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,725,256 times
I live about 1/2 mile off of Beulah, in Kingstowne. All the houses in Kingstowne (east side of Beulah) will be fine. As will Island Creek, Landsdowne and another "newer" subdivision on the west side of Beulah. As you get closer to the intersection of Beulah and Manchester you will find some older townhouses. These provide good access to the metro, but actually look like a pain to get out of if you plan on heading north on Beulah or trying to get on Manchester (which turns in Franconica-Springfield Parkway and then again into the Fairfax County Parkway if you are going west and turns in Kingstowne Parkway if you are headed east) Lots of pulling out and doing U-Turns in some heavy traffic. The whole area is generally very safe...just old mixed with new.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:12 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,682,232 times
Some of it has to do with the amenities in each community. Kingstowne, being very large, has pools, community centers with workout rooms, classes (for a fee), several hobby groups, etc. Some of the other neighborhoods such as Landsdowne and Island Creek have pools and Manchester Lakes has a pool and a community center. Not sure about the other neighborhoods.

Another factor to consider is that the neighborhoods on the northern end of Beulah Street, closer to Franconia Road, attend Franconia Elementary School, which has a modified year-round schedule. Kids go the same number of days but have a shorter summer break and several longer breaks through the year. So if you don't have children that wouldn't affect you but if you do then you would need to decide whether you would like that schedule.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM

798 posts, read 2,727,763 times
We live in a small neighborhood off of Beulah towards the Telegraph Rd intersection and are very happy with the area. No sure of your specifics but we find it to be very safe, convenient and quiet.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
That is an area that I personally like. Go for it!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw View Post
I was looking to move in this area. I heard alot of good things about Kingstown - Manchester Lakes... but someone posted something abou townhome area on/near Beulah st not the best... They didn't say anything specific -- can anyone give me some incite please. Thanks in advance.
Personally i think it is much better than the Landmark area where I live or even Rose Hill in the same general. If i had to be stuck in Fairfax County i would probably choose there. One advantage is that you have a lot of military neighbors which in my experience helps to stifle any riff-raff in the area.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it. This is positive feedback --- I'm going to ride through the area some this evening.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:35 PM

6 posts, read 20,929 times
I live nearby, about 5 minutes from that location, i would say its safe area and peaceful people there..close to Metro..Safeway & Shppers also not far from the mall..didnt hear any problem there.

All the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia