Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 PM

123 posts, read 409,746 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows of places to have a small children's party (less than 8 children) in the Gainesville/Haymarket area.

Very unfamiliar with the area itself and looking for something small and simple. Nothing crazy and extravagant and I would like to stay away from a McDonalds party or chuck e cheese. Thanks so much for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM

722 posts, read 1,922,800 times
The Knack(SM) - Where Kids Discover(SM) - Birthdays In Store

I've never done one at Michaels, but it looks like they do them...

Old 11-04-2009, 04:51 AM

24 posts, read 83,522 times
My SIL has been to Kid Drop Zone in Haymarket. Check out their website: kiddropzone.com.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,725,256 times
Don't know if you have a Silver diner out that way, but we are going to a party at one this weekend. Another option is a bowling alley.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 AM

428 posts, read 1,114,718 times
Is hosting the party at home an option?

Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,245,857 times
A friend of mine used to do a different take on the birthday sleep over. She rented two adjoining hotel rooms one for her and the other for the kids. Kids spend the afternoon at the hotel pool, order pizza for dinner in the room, and then watch movies. No cleaning up the house before or after the party!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,611,121 times
What is the age group of the kids?

Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 AM

123 posts, read 409,746 times
age group is 4-6 and I would love any ideas! Checked out Michaels but they don't have a party room in store. Would love to have party at home but can't this year.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 AM

9,776 posts, read 15,781,748 times
Boys or girls? If you can't do one at home, you can have one at a local rec. center. There is often a room you can rent. I mostly do them at home, but have rented a room before. In either case, I usually do a theme and then have a craft, a couple of games, and pizza and cake. We've done Dora and had them go on an adventure for the game, along with a pinata, and a craft. We've done princesses where we did dress-up, pin-the-princess-in-the-castle, and a jewels bracelet craft. We've done "mock" sleepovers where the kids come in pjs, have pizza, make popcorn, polish nails, have a craft - do everything but the sleeping over. This weekend we're dong a carnival party with 5 carnival-type games, a craft, popcorn, pizza, tattoos, facepainting, and moonbounce.
We did a Cub Run swim party in Chantilly. They have slides and sprays. We did a mermaid theme with a craft and cake first in the room and then did the swimming. Most of these ideas take work and planning.

Other parties we have been to that are easier, but more costly since they are out of the house and at private locations - House of Bounce or something similar - we've been to one in Manassas, Michael's crafts, Chuck E Cheese, Gymnastics, The Little Gym, Gymboree, Build-A-Bear, swim parties, miniature golf, bowling. One more idea I've heard of but not been to is a pizza place where they give each child some dough to make their own pizza.

Hope some of these ideas help. I've mostly done girl parties since my son is only 2. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia