Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times

Advertisements

Since others mentioned Big Kahuna's I thought I'd try one - they have a small outlet walking distance from my office. I'd passed by it before and since it never seemed crowded I hadn't stopped in before.

The bad:

Ordered my individual pizza at 12:50 - and at 1:15, told me they made a mistake and had to remake my pizza. It was after 1:30 before I got my pizza which I can't wait that kind of time during lunch.

The good:

They offered an "interim" pizza while I waited which I politely declined - it just wasn't the kind I wanted. Without asking, they also refunded the price of the pizza. Good customer service.

The price was good - individual pizza with drink was $10.50, which is the same price for a Blimpie's foot long sandwich/drink next door. You are very full after eating the individual pizza.

The pizza was good - not great in my opinion. It probably could have used a couple of more minutes in the oven and they probably took it out because of the rush.

I'd try it again.

Last edited by whtviper1; 06-07-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Awesome review! Glad they did the right thing after all you went through. The one at the airport is the one we're going to try.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:18 PM

83 posts, read 120,503 times
Boston's Pizza Kaimuki has the hands down BEST pizza on the island!! Their Big Red will shoot you straight through heaven and meet God.. haha! The Big Red has tomatoes, garlic and spinach. I used to be really into having meat on my pizza (I am a huuuuge meat lovaa) but ... the Big Red Pizza is SO freakin good, that it is absolutely an orga*m in your mouth. LMAO yes I said it. The other Boston Pizza locations OTHER THAN the Boston's Pearlridge are OK.. but the Boston's Pearlridge sucks and gets -10 stars!!... and I used to be a pizza from anywhere kind of person. Boston's Pizza Pearlridge has THE WORST pizza... ever. And I've given them many, MAAAANNY chances.. their Big Red pizza is VERY watery from the tomatoes and they just plain suck..consistently suck.. Do yourself a favor and go straight to Boston's Pizza Kaimuki and get the Big Red!! You will be soooo happy you did!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Made it to Auntie Pasta's last night! (my little ears perked right up when I was given that as a choice) I originally wanted Pho because my tummy hasn't been up to much. So I really wouldn't do the place justice given my ... condition. HOWEVER, my connoisseur boyfriend had many interesting things to say.

First, the server was awesome. He made some recommendations that we appreciated. There's a late happy hour, 8-10pm. $2 house wine (I got the grigio, not the merlot) and I think $2.50 for Sam Adams draught.

We chose the seafood appetizer that was recommended and my bf said it was excellent but he thought having a couple visible chunks of shrimp would make it more impressive since shrimp was supposed to be the main ingredient. (it was all very minced <-- my words) still he loved it.

He chose the pie and even though it's listed as 12" it seemed a good size to split. (so we split those two items as our meals). The pizza - HE CHOSE ANCHOVIES!!! could have stayed in about a minute or two longer to make it crisper. I totally prefer not real crisp so that part was fine for me. It was baked in the serving pan, he felt it could have had more justice done on a brick oven scenario. Also, real Italians dry their anchovies, soak them in clean olive oil and repeat to mellow out the salt. These were pulled out of the packing oil and put on the pizza but he knows this isn't the "real Italian" place and he didn't mind. He liked the French bread taste of the crust as well as the "before dinner" bread basket (which came with an awesome amount of delicious dipping oil). I'm not so sure we were supposed to get the bread since we didn't order dinners, just pizza and appetizer but the server... too cool! I had noticed something lacking about the crust AND bread and didn't understand it until he mentioned the French vs Italian.

I'm feeding back all his comments so don't get me wrong. We totally loved the place. I wish I'd been able to enjoy the meal more but... my nerves being what they are (shot) I can't tolerate much. Looking forward to a return trip down the road. Next time I'LL choose the pizza!
($30 for all - a great price)

We took a picture but he needs to send it to my email... cuz I'm challenged...

Last edited by hunterseat; 06-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: forgot to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu