Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times

Advertisements

@Mikala43*

"and you do not earn marriages or people", yes you do by being honest, loving, respectful and working on a partnership. Thats how you earn a good marriage and good friendships, unfortunately in western society the grass is always greener. Yes it does appear we have too different value systems. And your not on the mainland where just in the last 4 mths 3 people where hit in a busy crosswalk by where i live because drivers are to busy trying to chase the jones or playing on cell phones but this is what you support with your pro development without limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,872,955 times
Highest in the country!
Don't Walk: Hawaii Pedestrians, Especially Elderly, Die At High Rate - Civil Beat

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
Yes! Pretty much everyday I wake up to multiple pedestrian deaths.

Hint, watch out for Hobron/Ala Moana.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You have chased myself, kaimuki, OpenD and a bunch of other locals out. Have fun
Well. Let's be clear.

You haven't been here in 40 years.

Kaimuki is moving to Texas.

OpenD is from Texas who stated he has other projects.

Regardless. Buh Bye.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:07 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Well. Let's be clear.

You haven't been here in 40 years.

Kaimuki is moving to Texas.

OpenD is from Texas who stated he has other projects.

Regardless. Buh Bye.
Oh my god good grief it's bumbye, bumbye! how long you live in Hawaii? Whtviper1 like I said b4 I think you should worry less about where people are from or when the last time they where in Hawaii and learn the difference between a resident and a local. Maybe learn to take shoes off when entering homes in Hawaii etc.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:28 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,070 times
Quote:
Yes! Pretty much everyday I wake up to multiple pedestrian deaths.
Almost 'every day'? Are these cannibal 'hit and grab' orchestrated accidents or are you exaggerating just a bit. Don't forget, some naive folks on the mainland may believe what you write.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:05 AM

1,585 posts, read 2,109,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Maybe learn to take shoes off when entering homes in Hawaii etc.
I think people that don't take off their shoes when they enter other people's homes are rude and disgusting.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
I think people that don't take off their shoes when they enter other people's homes are rude and disgusting.
The last thing I want is some dudes bare, smelly, and dirty feet on my floors, literally leaving footprints on my floor - now that is truly disgusting. People with etiquette and manners know better.

But, people do it anyway - I guess that is what the housecleaner is for.

The only people I observe doing it on a regular basis are from low social circles and don't know any better. You definitely won't see piles of shoes outside homes in Kailua but you will see them in places like Waimanalo.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:47 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
The last thing I want is some dudes bare, smelly, and dirty feet on my floors, literally leaving footprints on my floor - now that is truly disgusting. People with etiquette and manners know better.

The only people I observe doing it on a regular basis are from low social circles and don't know any better. You definitely won't see piles of shoes outside homes in Kailua but you will see them in places like Waimanalo.

Seriously? I have family and friends in Kailua, no shoes in the house.

I wipe my DOGS feet every time they come in.

No one has dirty feet, it's considered dirty to walk barefoot. Little kids have their feet hosed off after play. I have never been in a Hawaii house with shoes.... from Kalihi to Portlock.

You probably just managed to offend the majority of Hawaii posters.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-28-2015, 01:54 PM

182 posts, read 356,608 times
Quote:

Spoken like someone who has never cleaned their own floor and has no idea that there is a world of difference between the dirt someone has on their feet after taking off their shoes versus what they bring in on their shoes. I'll take a house where people take off their shoes (no matter what their social circle is) over one where they leave their shoes on any day of the week.

Also, I suppose the Japanese, who take of their shoes regularly, are nothing but a bunch of degenerates with no manners or good breeding. And the interiors of their houses are disgusting and loaded with footprints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu