Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:57 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
We go out in groups of 6-10 people. There are always a couple of people that either don't consume any alcohol or consume an amount that still keeps them under the .08% threshold when it's time to leave (we use BAC meters). The longer stays allows people to metabolize the alcohol (coupled with consuming food). NOBODY in our groups hit the road drunk. We watch over each other and ensure everyone gets behind the wheel sober AND home safe. Also, we all live VERY CLOSE to the urban core venues we attend and have used Pony's cab service on numerous occasions. Since you're in Kailua where cabs won't even bother going, you probably are unaware of a service where they will take you AND your car home from wherever you left it for a double cab fare. Totally fair and great service for those that decided to drink more than they anticipated.
Well - I don't live in Kailua anymore - but it does start with a K.

Let's see if I got this right.

It's not uncommon to go to restaurants 5+ hours.

The bar bill is higher than the food.

You drink so much you carry BAC meters (now that's funny)

You manage to have someone in the group who will hang out with a bunch of drunks 5+ hours to be able to drive

Or, you pay up to double the cab fare.

And you are all aghast about RHC or IMP parking rates.

I don't need to help you dig - you are doing fine yourself.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:11 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,107,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Well - I don't live in Kailua anymore - but it does start with a K.

Let's see if I got this right.

It's not uncommon to go to restaurants 5+ hours.

The bar bill is higher than the food.

You drink so much you carry BAC meters (now that's funny)

You manage to have someone in the group who will hang out with a bunch of drunks 5+ hours to be able to drive

Or, you pay up to double the cab fare.

And you are all aghast about RHC or IMP parking rates.

I don't need to help you dig - you are doing fine yourself.
Let's go back to why this whole argument started in the first place.

I specifically started the argument that 3 hours is not enough time to shop AND dine at a fine dining restaurant. And that many would prefer to stay longer and not feel rushed because of the ticking parking rate clock. I just happen to have friends that stay out 4-5 hours when we go out. I don't think it's totally ABNORMAL to be out for 5 hours.

You said 3 hours is PLENTY of time to both shop AND dine. I disagreed and here we are. I tend to think most people would agree with me that 3 hours isn't sufficient to both eat and shop and they don't want to pay high parking fees once they reach that time limit. But of course if you're from SF (like yourself), you're going to think parking here is soooooo cheap. "Locals" or "local residents" or whatever you want to call people that have lived here most or all of their lives are not OK paying the absurd parking rates you think are totally acceptable. It's a disconnect we have (you being disconnected with local resident mentality). But most would side with me that $30 for SELF parking if you are LEGITIMATELY dining and shopping is a CONSUMER RIP OFF here whether you are from here or not.

I don't carry a BAC meter... our friends will usually have one in their purse. And nothing wrong with having one. They are inexpensive, compact and show that we are responsible about life's indulgences. Get over it.

We do always have someone with us that doesn't drink very much or at all. They are always the drivers. Hard to comprehend?

The double cab fare from Kahala will indeed be a steep one.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:34 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,871,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post

I don't carry a BAC meter... our friends will usually have one in their purse. one.
They sound like real classy broads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu