Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM

18 posts, read 49,203 times

Advertisements

12-21-09

We had a great night of sleep at the Castle Ocean Resort which is 2 blocks away from Waikiki Beach. The first thing I wanted to do was explore the island and so we began our drive around the island.

We got in our car and went to go get some breakfast. We went to the Don Quitoe which is basically a Japanese Walmart that sells everything from LCD TV to Produce. Got a great breakfast plate for only $2.50 2 bacon, 1 slice of spam, 2 eggs, and 1 slice of porteguese sausage over a bed of rice. Probably the best breakfast that I had in Hawaii and only for $2.50.

After breakfast, we finally started our tour of the entire island. Honolulu

Traffic: We drove a lot in and around Honolulu. It wasn't bad at all and I was there for 5 days. The H1 highway can get pretty congested, but still it wasn't that bad, the pali highway and likelike highway wasn't that bad either.

I would not want to live in Honolulu, unless you live in the Diamond Head area. Honolulu has so many apartments and I hear that they are expensive to rent.

Kamuki

This is the place to live, if you can afford it and you work in Honolulu. It kinda the suburbs of Honolulu with houses all over the mountain side. The neighborhood looks pretty nice and the lawns are well taken care of. I'm sure that it also pretty expensive.

Hawaii Kai

Great looking town to live in, but I would imagine that it is very expensive. The drive isn't too bad to get to Honolulu.

The 2nd best part of visiting Hawaii is driving around the island. The lush green tropical forest, the beautiful countryside, and the gorgeous blue ocean on your right side. In fact, if I could afford it, I would definitely live on the small villages along the coastal highway. The best part is the fact that on your left side, you have a huge green mountain and on your right is a beautiful ocean and in between is lush tropical forest.

We stop by at a fruit stand between Kanahone and the North Shore. The elderly lady was selling apple bananas 3 for $1 and ice slice papaya for $1. The fruits were excellent and I asked her if she was Hawaiian. She laughed and told me that she was as White as she can be. She told me that her children was hawaiian and that they were beautiful. She married a native and she lives in her small farm very close to the ocean. She lived her for 30 years. Her property was fenced off and you could see an old beat up sedan in her tropical farm. Her house looked kind of like a small cabin or large shack. But the location of where she lived is awesome. Thick tropical forest with an ocean view from her hut and a large mountain on the other side of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu