U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-08-2014, 05:25 AM
 
6 posts, read 26,713 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

We are a retired couple living in Ohio and looking for a place to move to in Florida. We stayed in the Inverness area last year and really liked it. We did a search on line and found some condos we like in Beverly Hills too so we are considering that town as well as Inverness.

We were wondering why the condo and home prices are so low in those areas? Is there something wrong with Beverly Hills Florida that we don't know about?

How are the no-see-ums and other bugs? Last year we camped in Debary and got eaten alive, but have been told that the campgrounds in Beverly Hills don't have them.

Is there a problem getting homeowners insurance on condo's built with wood?

Please post your thoughts about the area, both the good and bad side....

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Crystal River, FL
103 posts, read 150,439 times
Reputation: 166
Hi, I live in Pine Ridge, which is technically in Beverly Hills. I don't have any info on condos as there are only houses in Pine Ridge but can tell you a little about the town. It's very small, there is a nice Winn Dixie, Walgreen's and CVS but older, local restaurants, no chains except for Subway, and a couple of pizza places. From what I can tell, on the other side of N Lecanto Highway, there are much older neighborhoods. Definitely drive around the area first to check it out. We love Pine Ridge, very beautiful, newer, spacious homes. I do the majority of my shopping in Crystal River, which is only 10 minutes from us. Inverness seems like a nice area as well. As far as bugs, I think you'll find them all over Florida. We have a screened in pool and still manage to get bitten during the summer & fall. Good luck!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2014, 08:36 AM
 
6 posts, read 26,713 times
Reputation: 20
Thanks for the info! We hope to be there in a few weeks to look at houses and condos so your post really helps.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,829 posts, read 3,132,132 times
Reputation: 3399
Stop by the local Sheriff's office and ask your question.

Be sure the HOA does not have financial problems. Is everyone paying?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 11:11 AM
 
6 posts, read 26,713 times
Reputation: 20
Thought I would post a quick follow up. We did buy a home in Beverly Hills in 2014 in the Pine Ridge area and love it. I am so glad we did. Great neighbors and low cost of living.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Crystal River, FL
103 posts, read 150,439 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAKHARBORGUY View Post
Thought I would post a quick follow up. We did buy a home in Beverly Hills in 2014 in the Pine Ridge area and love it. I am so glad we did. Great neighbors and low cost of living.
That's awesome to hear! We really do love Pine Ridge, thanks for the update!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Citrus County FL
1 posts, read 2,767 times
Reputation: 10
Default Beverly Hills FL

If you are looking for a condo try Inverness, Citrus Hills or Meadowcrest. Home Owners Insurance should be no problem. I live in Black Diamond Ranch (next to BHills but no condos or villas in here) and we do not have a problem with no see-ums or mosquitos. I only seem to have problems with no see-ums when I get to the water areas. Beverly Hills has some nice communities like Pine Ridge, Oak Ridge and Laurel Ridge but the surrounding BH neighborhoods are small homes dating back to the 1960's. There is a condo villa section off Forest Ridge that is nice. Happy to talk to you. Just call or email me.
















Quote:
Originally Posted by OAKHARBORGUY View Post
We are a retired couple living in Ohio and looking for a place to move to in Florida. We stayed in the Inverness area last year and really liked it. We did a search on line and found some condos we like in Beverly Hills too so we are considering that town as well as Inverness.

We were wondering why the condo and home prices are so low in those areas? Is there something wrong with Beverly Hills Florida that we don't know about?

How are the no-see-ums and other bugs? Last year we camped in Debary and got eaten alive, but have been told that the campgrounds in Beverly Hills don't have them.

Is there a problem getting homeowners insurance on condo's built with wood?

Please post your thoughts about the area, both the good and bad side....

Thank you
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2016, 02:38 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,717 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for posting! There isn't too much information about the Pine Ridge section of Beverly Hills and Citrus Springs online, and I hope locals might post more here in the future! Looking to move one day soon. I am looking for a quiet affordable area inland that is relatively safe, need good internet, and driving around when I was down there that area seems to work for me. I like the houses and you seem to have privacy without worrying about having too much acreage. I just worry there is something I am not getting because there always seems to be a lot for sale and not too much new building, but that is just my opinion!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2016, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Crystal River, FL
103 posts, read 150,439 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhite888 View Post
Thanks for posting! There isn't too much information about the Pine Ridge section of Beverly Hills and Citrus Springs online, and I hope locals might post more here in the future! Looking to move one day soon. I am looking for a quiet affordable area inland that is relatively safe, need good internet, and driving around when I was down there that area seems to work for me. I like the houses and you seem to have privacy without worrying about having too much acreage. I just worry there is something I am not getting because there always seems to be a lot for sale and not too much new building, but that is just my opinion!
Pine Ridge is nice because the minimum lot size is 1 acre, so you're not right on top of your neighbors. We have very good internet service as well, which I use for work, so that is important. And there are currently many new houses being built in Pine Ridge.

Hope that helps!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Hernando, FL
17 posts, read 12,442 times
Reputation: 24
Beverly Hills and Citrus Springs both have good internet service--there is not a huge bug problem, but this is FL. These are quiet areas, a bit rural in comparison to other parts of the state. As far as the villas ans d condos in Beverly Hills I think they are pretty nice. near shopping,doctors and the library. There is also a community center there with a pool, and activities.Wood homes are not hard to insure, but the age of the home can effect the cost of insurance which has to do with the roof . If the roof has been replaced you can do a wind mitigation inspection to lower the insurance costs.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top