Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2023, 03:54 AM

82 posts, read 182,662 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could recommend via PM a buyers agent/realtor for The Villages.

I would like to purchase a house in The Villages in fall 2023.
I am aware that there is a difference about the listings of The Villages itself and the "MLS" listings.
I need one for the MLS.

I went thru a lot of postings and the majority of the recommended realtors don't provide what I am looking for. I would prefer a buyers agent with several years of experience within The Villages,

I appreciate any helpful recommendations.

Regards,

allandall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 09:06 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allandall View Post
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could recommend via PM a buyers agent/realtor for The Villages.

I would like to purchase a house in The Villages in fall 2023.
I am aware that there is a difference about the listings of The Villages itself and the "MLS" listings.
I need one for the MLS.

I went thru a lot of postings and the majority of the recommended realtors don't provide what I am looking for. I would prefer a buyers agent with several years of experience within The Villages,

I appreciate any helpful recommendations.

Regards,

allandall
If you want new construction, you can ONLY go through VLS (not MLS). The agents of the Villages Real Estate have the exclusive contract on new construction.

If you want a pre-owned home, you can use ANY agent to represent you in buying, including Villages Real Estate agents. They can't get a commission from the sale and you don't have to pay them, but they can get you in touch with the sellers' agents on your behalf.

There aren't really any "dedicated" buyers' agents. You can go with ReMax, or any of the other known agents that represent homes and buyers for resale in the Villages, and tell them you're looking to buy. They will earn a percentage of the commission, so most of them will be happy to represent you.

Old 03-07-2023, 10:59 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
.....You can go with ReMax, or any of the other known agents that represent homes and buyers for resale in the Villages, and tell them you're looking to buy

That's the reason I was looking for a recommendation. Plenty out there, but plenty lack the experience and knowledge. It is almost impossible to pick a good one by their "resume" or the lack of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
..... so most of them will be happy to represent you.

Yes, they are all happy to represent me, but there are only a few which have my interest in mind and that's why I was asking for recommendations.

I don't need a realtor who just sends me the latest listings. I can check that myself. I have different expectations, needs and wants for our next place. I am not perfectly familiar with The Villages since I live far away and therefore need professional help to find the right house in the right area. I also expect that I get questions answered.

Again, thanks to you ALL. I really appreciate any comments, recommendations and info's.

allandall

Old 03-10-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allandall View Post
Thanks for your reply.

That's the reason I was looking for a recommendation. Plenty out there, but plenty lack the experience and knowledge. It is almost impossible to pick a good one by their "resume" or the lack of that.

Yes, they are all happy to represent me, but there are only a few which have my interest in mind and that's why I was asking for recommendations.

I don't need a realtor who just sends me the latest listings. I can check that myself. I have different expectations, needs and wants for our next place. I am not perfectly familiar with The Villages since I live far away and therefore need professional help to find the right house in the right area. I also expect that I get questions answered.

Again, thanks to you ALL. I really appreciate any comments, recommendations and info's.

allandall
I went through a Villages sales rep to get our home. But I could've gone through any agency, since it was a pre-owned home. The reason I chose a Villages rep, is because they know more about the Villages than anyone else. They will absolutely give you the "low-key pitch" and try and nudge you toward buying new construction. But that's their job, they're supposed to do that, and that's how they earn their commissions.

But they are ALSO wanting to fill empty homes, even if they don't make a commission on it - because they are employed by the Villages. It's in their best interest to show that the Villages is popular. And that means - few vacancies of pre-owned homes.

They will also try and find you homes that are being sold by the Villages, even if they're not new construction. Anyone living in The Villages can have a Villages sales rep, represent them in selling their home. It's also a popular option for sellers as well as buyers for the exact same reasons.

When using a Villages sales rep, there will be less wiggle room on the price. That's because they price to sell. If they say the house is being offered at $250,000, then it's PROBALY going to sell for that much, barring any damages that need fixing, that weren't on the initial disclosure (like if you find a leak in the sprinkler system during inspection that they didn't even know about at the time).

I can't name any specific agent - but what you might consider is to check out their website:
https://www.thevillages.com/homefind...65371721&lvl=0

Look through a few that suit your style, budget, and proximity to commercial, medical, recreational areas that appeal to your needs and wants.

On each listing, there will be an agent in charge of that specific listing. They can work together to show Villages-listed properties, so any of them will be useful. If you are looking at a realtor.com type of website instead, you will NOT find any of those Villages-listing properties, as they are exclusive, and the Villages agents are not /allowed/ to list on the MLS. Also, they aren't allowed to show homes on the MLS, however they are allowed to request that the MLS agent offer a showing, and help you set up meetings.

Old 03-11-2023, 10:30 AM

Great info!

Thank you very much.
allandall

Old 07-22-2023, 05:08 PM

11 posts, read 24,325 times
Could anyone tell me if the pools at the villages are cooled in the summer? I have read that they are heated in the winter but what about the hot summers to cool them so they are not like a hot tub?
Thanks

Old 07-22-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirementbound1 View Post
Could anyone tell me if the pools at the villages are cooled in the summer? I have read that they are heated in the winter but what about the hot summers to cool them so they are not like a hot tub?
Thanks
No, they're not cooled in the summer. They're also not like a hot tub though they are a bit balmy. Still refreshing on a hot summer day though. Just like any other pool in Florida in the summer. A good note, is most of them are salt-water pools. No nasty chlorine to irritate your sinuses and bleach your swimsuits.

Old 07-24-2023, 05:18 PM

11 posts, read 24,325 times
Thanks. I was in a pool near myrtle beach and the water temp was in the 90's no way to cool down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: