Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 11,792 times

Advertisements

I am reading and hearing about the downtown renewal that has already begun in Steubenville OH. Although many complain about the corruption in local officials, I understand that the University has given many hope and even excitement that major changes are coming. I heard they brought in someone to bring in economic development. I will keep my antennas up and let you know concrete details. PLEASE share what you are hearing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 51,399 times
Cool Another example of Steubies Follies

Here is yet another case of shady Ole Boy politics in one of America's most corrupt and slum ghetto towns.

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio -- A proposal from the Steubenville City Council regarding a local park is stirring up controversy.

Council members told NEWS9 the starter house in Belleview Park could soon be up for bid.

Council members said a local businessman is interested in bidding on the property and he has a license to serve beer.

Some people said they are worried the businessman may win the bid and alcohol will soon be allowed in the park.

On Tuesday, council members will vote to see if the starter house will go up for bid.

You see, this happens constantly. Mysterious characters gaining influence in questionable ventures then after the fact , it comes out that croonyism and graff is once again at play. The illegal racketeers of gambling has already built and marketed thier establishment and most are politicians and underworld hoods. Weirton,West Virginia across the river is the same. Many are officials of the local Demoratic Committee boards whom of which have been indicted in the past. The University sale will be used for individual self gain and not in the public interest. Keep voting straight ticket and this is what we get.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
I have heard of good things coming out of Steubenville lately. I have heard that it is doing better than Wheeling, is this true?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:58 AM

23 posts, read 121,646 times
I wouldn't live in Steubinville for free. Totally depressed area, high crime and corruption etc. Absolutely NOTHING to do there. Plus, if you google it, the Wu Tang has its headquarters there. A particularly viscious gang.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,293 times
Default good old boys steubenville

yes it is true about the good old boys in steubeville. a lot of people know of this yet do nothing. just one of many stories i have been involved in a local truck dealer was using some empty lots to park some his customer vehicles
he took very good care of the lots keept them clean looking good. then the city officals said he could no longer park there he offered to buy the property
but the city wanted him to do senseless renavation to put it to there code.
the property has little value only to the small local truck dealership which probaly employes 15-20 people. for <1/2 acre of land it would of cost him$120000 which has a value of $25,000 tops. so after the city could not strong arm him. the city spent i heard $30,000 to fence this area in.
good business right?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgagestar View Post
Here is yet another case of shady Ole Boy politics in one of America's most corrupt and slum ghetto towns.

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio -- A proposal from the Steubenville City Council regarding a local park is stirring up controversy.

Council members told NEWS9 the starter house in Belleview Park could soon be up for bid.

Council members said a local businessman is interested in bidding on the property and he has a license to serve beer.

Some people said they are worried the businessman may win the bid and alcohol will soon be allowed in the park.

On Tuesday, council members will vote to see if the starter house will go up for bid.

You see, this happens constantly. Mysterious characters gaining influence in questionable ventures then after the fact , it comes out that croonyism and graff is once again at play. The illegal racketeers of gambling has already built and marketed thier establishment and most are politicians and underworld hoods. Weirton,West Virginia across the river is the same. Many are officials of the local Demoratic Committee boards whom of which have been indicted in the past. The University sale will be used for individual self gain and not in the public interest. Keep voting straight ticket and this is what we get.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM

3 posts, read 11,637 times
Steubenville is a total dump. Turn out the lights.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 AM

2 posts, read 6,385 times
Exclamation Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashrema View Post
I wouldn't live in Steubinville for free. Totally depressed area, high crime and corruption etc. Absolutely NOTHING to do there. Plus, if you google it, the Wu Tang has its headquarters there. A particularly viscious gang.
Come on with a name like Jashrema you got alot of nerve. I bet there are more vicious people at your family's Sunday dinner than there are in Steubenville. Ignorant people love to talk about something they know nothing about. I lived in Steubenville over a quarter century. Steubenville is not bad and neither are the citizens there. Sure, there are some rotten apples but EVERY orchard has a few of those. WuTang is a rap group of men in their forties with most of its members dead or retired. What a threat! Be honest with yourself before you imagine a scenerio for your next immaginative post

Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 6,385 times
People need to pay the price. I don't want NOBODY using my property for their own use without my permission. I guess that he really didn't need the parking either. And NO-ONE was taking truly good care of the property. It was another pile-up of **** that needed to be removed. The fence looks good especially compared to how it last looked. Then again you probably never seen the area either

Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times
Steubenville....there is absolutely no hope for that city. There are very few cities that fit the national stereotype of the crime ridden and hopeless Midwestern city, and Steubenville is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: