Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake_luvrr View Post
Is this warm up going to last long? I'm so tired of the cold.
The only good thing that seems to be coming this month is day lights savings time.
Hello lake_luvrr. Welcome to the second most exciting state chat forum. Alaska wins, but then, they be using wood burning modems in their computers, so a chat can take a lot longer.

MK, this is year 16 for our old lawn mower. I really REALLY want a new one. But the new ones are so danged expensive. I won't pay more than $600 for a brand new one, which usually means I am SOL.

We need to start thinking about getting our garden tilled too. I refuse to do that. I hire out. It's too hard on my back. Wimp that I am. Maybe EB can drive down here and till it, he's a stud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 07:28 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Troy Bilt has a great little item called a (Versa-tiller), it does wonders at turning the soil there Redbird. If we lived closer I'm sure Bjb123 and I would be happy to bust up that Oklahoma sod for ya's.
By the way, how's Uncle Don been doing, tell him that we said (howdy) and we you two are able to get out and enjoy that sun shine.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
EB's right, Troybuilt is a good product. It's up there with John Deere (durability wise). But any good product is expensive.
If you want a cheap riding mower, get a Craftsman. They're cheap in every respect.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:05 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Is this warm up going to last long? I'm so tired of the cold.
The only good thing that seems to be coming this month is day lights savings time.
Hi and welcome. I am also tired of the cold and looking at snow. Spring (well according to the calendar), starts in a few weeks and then there is daylight savings time spring ahead next Sunday as you said so I am feeling better with that. What State are you in?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 AM

Hey all!! I just got word on MaryBeth2. I sent a DM to Canine Castle who had her listed as a friend. MaryBeth emailed her and it's what we thought, real bad internet connections and she misses everyone. Also, she suspects her one dog, Mia, may have cancer and asks that we say a prayer for him. So glad to know MaryBeth2 is doing ok; feel bad for her for her furbaby. A big thanks to Canine Castle!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:15 AM

"Sunday Morning Special"
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Looney-Tunes/101210/1062212866/Looney-Tunes%3A-Farm-Frolics/videos (broken link)

Last edited by mkfarnam; 03-07-2010 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM

18 posts, read 36,947 times
I'm in eastern Ohio. I've been balled up inside all winter, mostly due to a fear of further injuring a herniated disc (c-5)
The last few days have been wonderful, a good dose of sunshine is what I needed but I still can't wait for the temps to spike up some more.

Speaking of lawn care and the like, the thought of being able to be outside is making this woman think about cutting grass and doin small landscaping for a few of my neighbors around here. I used to do it a few years ago and just quit due to different reasons. I may not be able to anything spectacular, but i'm good at what I CAN do and I've been thinkin about it.
Only down side is i'm allergic to grass...or the smell...or something like that lol.
My poor nose runs like a faucet whenever my S.O cuts the grass and I break out in this purdy lil rash if I sit on it.

Thanks for the welcomes I like it here

Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'm in eastern Ohio. I've been balled up inside all winter, mostly due to a fear of further injuring a herniated disc (c-5)
The last few days have been wonderful, a good dose of sunshine is what I needed but I still can't wait for the temps to spike up some more.

Speaking of lawn care and the like, the thought of being able to be outside is making this woman think about cutting grass and doin small landscaping for a few of my neighbors around here. I used to do it a few years ago and just quit due to different reasons. I may not be able to anything spectacular, but i'm good at what I CAN do and I've been thinkin about it.
Only down side is i'm allergic to grass...or the smell...or something like that lol.
My poor nose runs like a faucet whenever my S.O cuts the grass and I break out in this purdy lil rash if I sit on it.

Thanks for the welcomes I like it here

Yes you'll find Ohio chat pretty mild, well that is until EB, redbird and MK start in. LOL...just kidding.

redbird, I'll have you know we have high speed internet in AK. LOL.

Our days are getting longer up here and I love that. I'm also not so great with the yard; husband usually does that, I'm good with the flowers though; they grow beautiful up here with all the light we get in the summer months.

So did ya all read what I wrote about MaryBeth2 ??

Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you want a cheap riding mower, get a Craftsman. They're cheap in every respect.
We have a craftsman, it's been a tank. Still runs, although it is missing an awful lot of the parts it came with. No headlights, no grass catcher, most of the paint is rotted and gone, that old thing sounds terrible, but it still works. Geez, I sound like I just described EB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
By the way, how's Uncle Don been doing, tell him that we said (howdy) and we you two are able to get out and enjoy that sun shine. [/i][/font][/color]
Funny thing, he just asked about your missus. He always asks about her. He thinks you are a hard worker, so he likes you too. But not your "towbar accessory." Do you still have those uh, hanging?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
We have a craftsman, it's been a tank. Still runs, although it is missing an awful lot of the parts it came with. No headlights, no grass catcher, most of the paint is rotted and gone, that old thing sounds terrible, but it still works. Geez, I sound like I just described EB.
The old Sears/Craftsmans were built good. Built with heavyduty steal instead of plastic and aluminum.
Todays Craftsman lawntractors, if a blade hits a stone it will snap the spindle right off the cutting deck. I'm changing them everyday, A spindle replacement can cost up to $60.00.

Buy a cheap Lawn tractor and by the time your ready to junk it, you will have spent twice as much on parts and repairs as would have if you bought a better built mower.
Actually, you need a Commercial type mower, Troybuilt, Kabota, GrassHopper, John Deere or even a Cub Cadet (MTD).

BTW..you don't need a grass catcher, use Mulching blades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio